Moto Morini Rebello 1200 Giubileo Gets Teased

03/14/2012 @ 11:46 am, by Jensen Beeler10 COMMENTS

Moto Morini Rebello 1200 Giubileo Gets Teased moto morini rebello 1200 puzzle 635x453

The story of Moto Morini could be straight out of a Monty Python sketch, as the Italian brand has proven, several times now, that it’s not dead yet. Going into receivership back in late 2009, the brand was finally bought in July 2011 for the tidy sum of €1.96 million by entrepreneurs Sandro Capotosti and Ruggeromassimo Jannuzzelli. With production expected to resume in January of this year, the Italian company is teasing its first new bike: the Moto Morini Rebello 1200 Giubileo.

Likely to help celebrate Moto Morini’s 75th anniversary (“giubileo” means jubilee in Italian), it is anyone’s guess as to what sort of bike the Rebello 1200 will be, though it will almost certainly be powered by Moto Morini’s ubiquitous 1200cc-class v-twin lump.

Set to be teased out over a month-long course starting tomorrow (we would argue it started today), Moto Morini seems to be going for the old jigsaw-reveal trick for its unveiling, which should make for an arduous process by the time the final piece has been removed on April 14th. Expect the bike to leak well ahead of that schedule.

Source: Moto Morini (YouTube) via Visordown

Comment:

1. Marcel says:

I hate these dull-witted tease video campaign piffle. Just another opportunity for motorcycle companies to show how deep they have heads up their arses. Puzzle piece rubbish, bad fonts, animations and a poor sound track all nicely rolled together in one silly little video – you go Moto Morini!! Let’s hope the bike will be better than this video folly.

Ok, that was a WHOLE LOT OF NOTHING……as expected. I want those 20 seconds of my life back. LOL.
    Im glad they are alive and kicking and all that………….BUT…if they won’t sell here on the USA as they did on the past…MEH, i don’t really care much for them then.

Thinking like a mad man just now…if they don’t come out with a smaller version of their 1200 Gorila + smaller-cheaper offers they are going nowhere again…i think….not everyone has the $$$ to sprinkle on a 1200cc class bike. Im no market analyst expert by any measures but…

I wonder for what segment are they shooting for this time around ? Dual sport touring ?

3. Jonathan says:

I can’t make up my mind whether that Morini logo looks like something off a Slayer album (which is no bad thing), or a Nazi stormtrooper’s cap badge (which sucks…) Take your pick.
    I’m hearing a lot of weariness in Jensen’s article – and with justification. These “drip drip” launches get old very quickly. By the time the factory start leaking “spy shots” everybody will have forgotten all about it.
    Still, the more the merrier. As long as it doesn’t have leather tassels on the handlebar ends and a king-queen seat I’m cool with it!

4. adam s says:

video as useless “as a truckload of dead rats in a tampon factory”

5. These guys are dead. They have convinced some unsuspecting banks to lend them money in the hopes that they can resurrect a brand that no one knows about or offers anything more than a pleasant memory to a handful of nostalgic people.

This video is nothing more than something to show their financiers that there is “momentum”, while behind the scenes yet another unfeasible concept model of a motorcycle is being thrown together by model makers using parts from the scrap bin. I predict a flashy, non-functioning body on a late 2010 Corsario chassis in Milan next November that is as close to a production reality as Ducati is to being profitable.

6. Michael, I’m surprised by you…I wouldn’t even give them until November (hey-oh!).

7. Assuming that they come out with one, 1200cc lump, I don’t expect much from them. They’d do well to look back into the archives and apply some new tech into a resurrection of the ol’ 3 1/2, which might actually be able to do something in Malaysia, India, etc., thereby generating revenue stream to keep them alive while they figure out what else to do.

8. Hayabrusa says:

Will SOMEBODY PLEASE get Moto Morini imported into the US, dammit?!!! I’ve been waiting since before the 09 receivership for a Granpasso . . . still waiting . . . getting older . . .

9. 72degrees says:

I do wonder it it isn’t all a money laudering venture I really hope not. Or perhaps they foresee the chance of government grants. It reminds me a little of the last days of Voxan when they pretty much only made bikes to order. I owned a Voxan Roadster (one of the few Voxans to get to the UK). I still would now if the factory hadn’t folded, but I didn’t want a bike I couldn’t get spares for. The same problem, just one 1000 cc engine (though they had just built a 1200 version) for all models and a high price.

I’d love a Lambertini designed 600 single as there’s no way I’m ever going to see the Gilera Nordwest MK II I sometimes dream about.

10. corsaro chris says:

Well, they’ve had thirty bids from a maximum of 60 so far, and will have about 10,000 Euro in the bank – I’ll guess that’s a lot less than they’d hoped for!

The company is owned by a couple of ex-Bankers, so they’re probably just having fun with their bonuses!

Good riding