Moto Morini Going Back into Production January 2012

12/01/2011 @ 4:20 pm, by Jensen Beeler13 COMMENTS

Moto Morini Going Back into Production January 2012 Moto Morini Scrambler 635x423

The Moto Morini emblem may be an eagle, but today it might be more fitting if the Bologna-based company used a phoenix instead. Coming out of the ashes of bankruptcy, Moto Morini was auctioned off for €1.96 million earlier this year. Now the company says it will be going back into production in the new year, almost a year after its purchase. Initially offering the 9 ½, Corsaro 1200, Granpasso, and the Scrambler models, Moto Morini says it is poised to release a fifth new model in the spring of 2012.

From reports, it sounds like Moto Morini already has a core management staff in place, and will soon be bringing a production crew back into the factory. Business operations are seemingly being run out of Milan, while production will continue out of the Bolognese factory. There is no word yet on what sort of volume Moto Morini will be working towards, nor how the company’s new owners plan on revitalizing the Italian manufacturer into a profitable brand.

What piques our interest though is this mention of this new model. With not so much has a concept sketch, spy photo, or any other indication made about its existence, we’ll be very surprised if it is ready for production by early next year. Though, we’ll be very intrigued to see what sort of concept Moto Morini does bring forth. Until then, let’s welcome back one of Italy’s oldest motorcycle brands.

Source: Motoblog.it & Moto.it

Comment:

1. Shaitan says:

Yeehaw!!! I love MM bikes!

A BLOOD SACRIFICE, THIS EVENT DEMANDS A BLOOD SACRIFICE TO THE MOTORCYCLE GODS.

All B.S-ing aside, GOD SPEED to MotoMorini and may they someday sell this on the U.S.

plus many more different models…c’mon MM, give Triumph and it’s Speed Triple some hell. LOL.

3. Jason says:

Hi, I’m ringing to get a cam belt for my Moto Morini 250

There’s no Moto Guzzi 250, do you mean 750?

No, Moto MORINI. The 250 V-twin.

Never heard of it, you’ll have to go back to where you bought it.

I bought it from you.

No, I mean the people who sold it new, not second hand.

I bought it from you bran new 2 years ago.

Oh, well, you might have to find out who the Australian distributor is then, we don’t carry any spares for them.

You are. You’re the Australian distributor and importer.

Well, mate, as I said, I’ve never heard of them and we don’t have any spares.

4. Moto Morini Going Back into Production January 2012 – http://t.co/EHGhg2gy #motorcycle

5. Damo says:

@MikeD

BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD, SKULLS FOR THE SKULL THRONE!

Random comment: I have actually never in my seen a Moto Morini in my travels and certainly not up here in New England.

They look like tasty little bikes too.

6. s2upid says:

WHAT IS THAT BIKE AND WHERE CAN I BUY IT >:(

7. Bob says:

Has MM ever been profitable? Not seeing the point of continually resurrecting something that is never successful. Perhaps they should transform into a small custom shop and build by the order based on a few basic designs with a talented skelleton crew. The Italian OCC.

8. Max says:

That is fantastic news, here’s to hoping they finally get the $hit together and bring MM to the States. I’ve been drooling over a Corsaro for some time…

P.S. Does anybody know where I can buy a set of Corsaro headlights and windscreen? They would look awesome on my naked SV!

9. Kiwi9nhalf says:

Simply too good a motorcycle for this to happen eventually. Even with mininal development the 1200 is one of the world’s great motorcycle engines. Right – off to celebrate with summer blast on my MM..

(and Max: wait and get the Corsaro lights/screen attached to the real thing..)

10. wayne says:

Great looking bikes, but I’m with Bob–why keep bringing back stuff that apparently doesn’t sell well enough to support itself? Smacks of Indian to me rather than OCC, but what do I know–I’m just a guy who reads bike news websites. In all seriosity, I do hope they do well but I have my doubts.

11. nick b says:

Despite having a great power plant (especially in Veloce guise) the Lambertini V2 was not enough to save the last incarnation of Morini. Even their importers had difficulty making sense of a range which at one time had seven models of similar displacement using the same motor. Since MM were tiny, that kind of sales approach was insane, resulting in total confusion all round.

The problem with this resurrection is the way the company is structured, with split ownership of offices and plant.
    It looks to be a recipe for conflict. If they can radically pare down and re-structure output, based around say three variants of the big V2 – Veloce, Avio (lower spec Veloce) and Scrambler – they might have a chance.

12. corsaro chris says:

Well, I run one of the new Morini, and it’s great to hear that they may be back in 2012. In the UK it may have been a small operation (as it was in Australia and NZ), but in Spain, Germany and Italy they brand was doing well. They did have plans in getting in to the States, but wanted to do it “properly” – I guess that means covering off all the product liability issues?

One engine with a range of differnt states of tune and styling is a good way for a small maunfacturer to start out; it’s what Triumph did very well – and Morini were just trying to do the same (as were Voxan – remember them?). Perhaps they’ll succeed, but in the meantime try to ride one if you can; after all, the new Ducati seems to borrow at least some ideas from Lambertinis’ engine…