2011 MotoCzysz E1pc Features 200+hp Motor

05/31/2011 @ 10:05 am, by Jensen Beeler17 COMMENTS

2011 MotoCzysz E1pc Features 200+hp Motor 2011 MotoCzysz E1pc dyno

Bikes are starting to come out of the woodwork, as the TT Zero at the Isle of Man TT gets closer and closer. Now up is the 2011 MotoCzysz E1pc that will be piloted by Michael Rutter (Mark Miller will be on a modified version of the 2010 MotoCzysz E1pc at the Isle of Man as well), which features the MotoCzysz D1-11 VDR D1g1tal Dr1ve. According to the Portland-based company, the 2011 MotoCzysz E1pc will be capable of over 200hp, from what looks like a 3-phase AC motor.

If our sources are right, the motor was built with help from Remy, and should be the real-deal come race time as it spins to over 10,000 rpm (electric racing fans, get ready for a power grudge-match between MotoCzysz and Lightning Motors). Of course, what you really came to this post looking for is a video of the motor and 2011 MotoCzysz E1pc testing on the company’s dyno. Find that goodness after the jump, though it should be noted the identities of the criminally fast have been concealed.

Source: MotoCzysz

Comment:

1. Brammofan says:

Pixellation, FTW.

2. Shoya says:

It’s on! The new motor looks sweet, and the drive sounds smooth… but I predict they can’t run it continuously over 100hp. The peak power numbers thrown around for EVs are starting to get fairly misleading.

3. For what it’s worth, I believe that power number is continuous power. I’d peg peak power output around 270hp.

4. "by 'eck Chief" This from @Asphalt_Rubber http://goo.gl/zUvyF The 2011 #MotoCzysz kicking out over 200HP, for the @TT_Races . WOW

5. Stepon says:

Aw SWEEEEEET!
    These guys know how to tease.

6. elmotomadman says:

If you check the Motoczysz website it shows Remy as a sponsor. They do make a varity of automotive motors and some are rated at +200hp continuous. The question is what model motor and inverter is Motoczysz usuing. Regarding Lightning vs Motoczysz…what is powering Lightning?

7. d-fens says:

A 200hp Electrobike. Will someone please tell me why I should care?

8. Shoya says:

200 HP continuous would be quite amazing… I don’t know how they’d get enough radiators on the bike to cool it, though!

Also, it’d be like a 1000HP car with a 1 gallon gas tank. A short ride, but hell of fun.

9. For some reason, the noise of this quite excites me: http://youtu.be/h8P5PprLy9w 200bhp electric bike on the dyno, via http://bit.ly/lPMSTr

10. skadamo says:

11. Tom says:

Electric motors making power is not and has not been an issue for some time. Its making power for long periods without needing a recharge and once needed being hyper fast that remains the issue.

12. Jim says:

@d-fens

13. Dr. Gellar says:

Cool! I’m happy to see that MotoCzysz will have a package that is getting closer in potential performance to the SWIGZ.COM machine of Chip Yates. Can’t wait for the debut of their ’11 E1pc, as well the new Lightning bike.

14. rashomon says:

“Use your brain once in a while. Oil is a finite resource. I don’t know about you, but in my lifetime, I will witness the end of oil as transportation fuel. Maybe your an old geezer who won’t be around or could care less. But I do care. Electric bikes are the future.”

Oil may be a finite resource, but methanol or ethanol or syn-gas aren’t. Power has to come from somewhere, and it can be used to charge batteries or to make substitutes for fossil fuels when they become too expensive. Then the decision is which makes the more practical vehicle: internal combustion or electric. Until batteries improve by an order of magnitude in both energy capacity and charging rate, I know the answer to that question. Where is the MotoCzysz production Superbike if electric power is so desirable?

And use your brain. We’re eventually doomed to 17th century poverty unless we invest in the infrastructure (nuclear, maybe thermal solar, hydro-, geo-, and maybe even wind) that actually produces net power. Abundant fossil fuel supplies give us some time; “fracking” has created natural gas reserves in the US that should last 100 years. If we don’t make those investments, of course, the Chinese, who remember more than a little about recent poverty, will: they’ve already planned to add 400 Gw of nuclear power in the next decade, at about 30 percent of the capital cost of US nuclear, and they’ve accelerated work on thorium reactors. Someone is going to own the future; it’d be a shame if it’s not us.

15. JB3 says:

Yeah, where is the MotoCzysz production superbike because I want one. You can’t debate the desirability of impractical toys. Porsche 918 Spyder? I’ll take one of those, too.

16. Shoya says:

@Tom: Right, a 200HP electric motor is nothing new. But, a 200HP motor as small as this Remy is somewhat of a big deal – it’s perhaps power dense than the motor in the Tesla roadster. And, going one step further, a motorcycle that can actually carry enough cooling apparatus to continuously run a 200HP motor of this size would be a huge deal. Of course, batteries are always the real limiting factor as you point out.

17. Shoya says:

^which is why I personally do not believe that the MotoCzysz bike can run continuously at 200HP even if it was connected to grid power and maintain that calling it a 200HP machine is somewhat misleading to the general public. Unfortunately, unsupported hype is still a big problem in this industry.