Spy Shot: 2010 MotoCzysz E1pc at the Isle of Man

06/05/2010 @ 10:36 am, by Jensen Beeler19 COMMENTS

Spy Shot: 2010 MotoCzysz E1pc at the Isle of Man 2010 Motoczysz E1pc spy shot isle of man

UPDATE: We just got an email from Michael Czysz about the new E1pc, and the team’s progress so far at the Isle of Man. Read it after the jump.

Our Bothan Spies were hard at work this weekend, and have brought us this photo of the 2010 MotoCzysz E1pc that will be racing the TT Zero at the Isle of Man TT. From the pictures, the 2010 E1pc is sporting a significantly smaller tail (no hidden batteries here!), and a bevy of battery packs.

From what we can gather, there’s 12.5 kWh of battery power visible, assuming Czysz & Co. are using the same packs from the eDD. The front-end is the same MotoCzysz-patented design, while the rear of the motorcycle looks to have a longer swing-arm and conventional shock placement.

The motor is attached to the “suitcase”, low on the bike (as seen in the eDD renders) facing the clutch side of the motorcycle. It’s then linked via chain to a concentric shaft off the swing-arm (similar to the MotoCzysz C1), with the final chain linkage on the standard right-hand side of the E1pc. More info and photos as we get them. Big thanks to our anonymous tipster!

From Michael Czysz:

Wow how the hell did you basterds get that photo (we have almost found out!)

Anyway it is NOT the finished bike! it is missing fairing parts : )

To day in Q1 we hit 122+ down sulby straight!  Some of the ICE bikes only hit 140(ish) Agni’s was 95(ish) with a top speed on course of 129.6.

Calibration mess up and we communicated to the rider via on board info that we had more power than we did.  We had a massive (confirmed from our spotter on course, can’t tell you the actual time but is was huge!) lead and our rider started using more throttle too soon and the bike ran out of bat 1.5 miles from finish (hauntingly familiar to last year except last year we also encountered failures, not this year)

Another calibration test tomorrow and another Q session on Monday- spirits very HIGH here tonight!!!

MC

And then in a P.S.:

Average throttle used for the entire lap 40%

Comment:

1. skadamo says:

Damn, that thing is serious.

2. i.am.one says:

Beautiful Motorcycle!!! I think this bike has a beautiful design but have defects distribution weights.
    We’ll see!

3. Very cool. I like the “Britten-esque” front fairing. Best of luck to the team!

4. i.am.one says:

For me in this picture the bike has too long wheelbase. Little agility?

5. BikePilot says:

It looks very appliance-like to me. Not necessarily a problem for a race machine, but I don’t see a lot of beauty or styling going on there. The seat also looks to leave something to be desired in terms of comfort. At the very least streamlining those square battery packs might tidy things up a bit (and maybe improve aerodynamics).

6. Doctor Jelly says:

I have confidence that Michael Czysz has a little more knowledge on what he’s doing than us. That probably means that weight distribution is near on point (if I remember right the ’09 battery packs were around 8 lbs so that front end isn’t nearly as heavy as it looks, plus the 3 motors underneath, now hidden, evens out the weight load more than this picture reveals. Take a look at the last iteration of the E1PC), the wheelbase is not excessive, and streamlining is just fine (presumably it’s going to have those little half fairings similar to the ’09 version). A square front end is no different than current sportbikes with their mammoth radiators defying the air. Also, that seat doesn’t look any worse than most other race bikes I’ve seen, and the E1PC has been one of the better looking/finished bikes out there. I don’t think it’ll disappoint this year either.

Take a look at the ’09 version, it was actually quite a good looking bike, and has been (on paper) the one to beat for awhile now.

motoczysz.com/club/?p=258

Presuming no gremlins this time, I think you will all see MotoCzysz dominate the race from beginning to end!

7. The ’09 packs were definitely more than 8lbs, felt more like 15lbs in my hands when I saw them. For ’10 MotoCzysz is using a liquid-cooled AC induction motor of their own design. No more Agni air-cooled for them. The motor mounts direct to the custom eDD frame package, and is hidden in this shot (right-hand facing), but is low in the bike for mass centralization. Check our eDD article for more info on that.

8. Doctor Jelly says:

I was just thinking about that, I forgot they changed the motor setup.

I don’t know why I have 8 lbs stuck in my head, I’ll try to find whatever article I read on it that I thought cited 8.

9. skadamo says:

RT @Asphalt_Rubber: Spy Shot: 2010 MotoCzysz E1pc at the Isle of Man – http://aspha.lt/125 #motorcycle

10. Kevin White says:

I think it’s gorgeous. Purposeful and poised, and it wears its alternative motivation proudly.

11. love the new styling on the fairings!
    -pete

12. Dr. Gellar says:

SsssssWEET! Looking forward to seeing more pics of this machine as they come. I’m hoping the MotoCzysz team has some good luck and kicks some e-powered tail at the TT. May have to find my way to Monterey, CA in July after all to catch them at Laguna Seca…

13. Just got an update from Michael Czysz with details about the bike, and the team’s progress at TT Zero, it’s been added to the article.

14. Mike J says:

“Today in Q1 we hit 122+ down sulby straight! Some of the ICE bikes only hit 140(ish)”

The ICE bikes actualy hit 190-200mph down the Sulby Straight!

15. Ray Boone says:

Good luck, Michael! That’s an awesome machine.

16. BikePilot says:

Good to hear its missing fairing parts in the picture.

17. Billy B.Tso says:

Always pleased to hear news of performance improvements to e-powered bikes! And what a good looker too! well done guys! hopefully this technology keeps improving and we see them out perform ICE bikes! only a matter of a couple of years (and dollars) by the looks of the current pace and technology available.

18. The tank padding makes the bike look like it has ripped abs.

19. Astro says:

Somebody give Michael Czysz an award for brilliantness.
    What an amazing bike !!!
    Engineering perfection.
    It make my brain get a stiffie.