One of the main issues MV Agusta USA’s new management is addressing right off the bat is the company’s dealer network in the United States. It was an issue that considerable time was spent on during our media meeting with them late last year, and clearly the American subsidiary has heard the pleas of journalists and consumers alike.
As such, MV Agusta USA is announcing the addition of nine new dealers to its list, which is roughly a 25% increase in MV Agusta dealers in the USA. Of course, simply adding more dealers doesn’t solve MV Agusta’s problem in the US, finding the right dealers is key.
“We have a continual strategy to make changes in selected open areas where rider demand is high and the prospective MV rider community is underserved,” said Helen Vasilevski, CEO of MV Agusta USA. “While we are not looking for extensive expansion, to best serve our enthusiastic riders we need to close the significant distances between service points across the USA.”
MV Agusta’s announcement goes on to say that the company’s dealer network strategy includes a continued “proactive effort over the past two years to have a high and consistent degree of parts availability and technical service” — an issue near and dear to any MV Agusta owner’s heart.
MV Agusta USA tells us that the company has made considerable headway in spare parts inventory, comparable to other European brands, though the company still has a market perception problem, which will be a tougher hill to climb.
MV Agusta is in the process of redefining its brand and image in the marketplace, part of which comes from the company’s extended line of new motorcycles, along with the very aggressive pricing structure for America-bound models.
As I’ve mused before, it will be interesting to see how the brand and company grows in the USA over the next few years. In the meantime, here’s a list of the nine new MV Agusta USA dealerships:
- Utah (Greater Salt Lake): Harrison Eurosports 361 W 9000 S, Sandy, UT 84070
- Texas (Greater Houston): Houston Superbike 7090 Southwest Fwy, Houston, TX 77074
- New York (Greater Buffalo): Kustom Workz 5035 Transit Rd, Depew, NY 14043
- Michigan (Greater Detroit): MV Agusta Detroit 33816 Woodward Ave. Birmingham, MI 48009
- Louisiana (Greater Baton Rouge): G.N. Gonzales 666 Chippewa St, Baton Rouge, LA 70805
- Florida (Central FL): Melillimoto 6810 SE 58th Ave, Ocala, FL 34480
- Florida: (FL AL MS Gulf Coast): D&D Cycles 2400 Fernwood Ave, Pensacola, FL 32505
- California (Inland Empire, southern CA): Douglas Motorcycles 390 N H St, San Bernardino, CA 92410
- California (Southern CA): Newport Italian 1536 Newport Blvd, Costa Mesa, CA 92627
Source: MV Agusta USA