Cristiano Silei Becomes Dainese’s New CEO

Google+ Pinterest LinkedIn Tumblr

Our sources are reporting that Cristiano Silei, former Ducati VP of Sales and Marketing, has been tapped to become the new CEO at Dainese S.p.A.

Silei will takeover the head position from Frederico Minoli, who many Italian motorcycle fans know as the former CEO of Ducati Motor Holding.

Loyal Asphalt & Rubber readers will remember that the aptly named Investcorp recently purchased 80% of Dainese’s private stock, for €130 million, leaving Lino Dainese as the 20% minority shareholder.

Frederico Minoli was instrumental in helping Lino Dainese sell his namesake company, and it is perhaps now unsurprising that the former Ducati CEO has pulled from the bench Italian marque for his replacement.

At one point, Silei was the CEO of Ducati North America, a resume line that surely played a part in him getting the job, as North America is a target area for Dainese’s future sales growth and brand recognition.

With Lino Dainese seeing airbag technology as an integral part of Dainese’s product line, we can expect the Italian company to roll out more D-Air equipped products under Silei’s guidance.

We expect a press release with more details will emerge sometime later this week, once the dust has settled in Vicenza.

Source: Bothan Spies