April 1st is our most-favorite day of the year, as it is the Christmas Day for journalists far and wide — and like Christmas, it is better to give, than it is to receive. The motorcycle industry gives plenty on this day, and we thought we’d share with you the April Foolery that caught our attention this most glorious of days.
Here at Asphalt & Rubber, David’s fiction on the upcoming changes to the World Superbike Championship reigned supreme, and the bit about adventure-touring bikes replacing the World Supersport series was especially amusing.
We also got some interesting texts, emails, and comments about BRD’s new fund-raising plan, as well as the AMA Pro Racing’s supposed homologation of the Aprilia RSV4 Factory for supersport racing. We assure you that while they may mimic something close to what is possible in reality, neither stories are true…as far as we know.
How about from the rest of the industry though? In case you missed them, the highlights of April Fools Day are after the jump.
- EPA Lobbies for Diesel-Powered Motorcycles by 2017 – Basem Wasef – About.com
- Audi Stryker Cabriolet Powered by Ducati – Mark Morrison – Ducati News Today (Published as true by the folks at Motorpasión Moto)
- Bol d’Or: Michael Schumacher Joins Team BMW Motorrad France Thevent – Michelin’s MotorRacingLive (Published as true by MasMoto)
- CMG scoop! Details released for new Indian motorcycle, other companies react – Canada Motorcycle Guide
- Aerostich Magnetic Baby Onsie – Aerostitch (Our personal favorite)
See any that we missed? Spread the love and post them up in the comments! Until next year, dear viewers.
Photo: Supersonic Racing Ducati