Erik Buell Racing 1190RR Race Bike Announced – Future World Superbike Contender?

12/04/2009 @ 12:04 pm, by Jensen Beeler39 COMMENTS

Erik Buell Racing 1190RR Race Bike Announced   Future World Superbike Contender? Buell 1125RR race bike 560x373

UPDATE: EBR has officially unveiled the Erik Buell Racing 1190RR

As Erik Buell Racing begins to take shape (the company has now taken over the erikbuellracing.com domain), details about the company are starting to come forth. First up is the news that EBR will offer three race versions of the 1125 platform. The most interesting of these three bikes being the 1190RR, an 1190cc race machine made to take advantage of the latest racing rules for v-twins in the Superbike category at the world level.

With the news of the 1190cc platform, made to “Euro-spec”, the only news we have to wait for now is when a team will take the 1190RR, and try it out at the center-stage of production bike racing. If such an act would occur it may finally finish the debate about where Buell stood as global brand and Superbike contender.

Details about the Euro-spec 1190cc model will be released Dec. 30, but early reports from Erik Buell Racing say the bike will have 185hp at the rear-wheel. No images have been released yet, but since the bike will have to be based off the 1125R to meet homologation rules, we expect to see mainly engine modifications distinguishing the two motorcycles.

EBR’s other offers will include the already announced race-prepped bikes: the 1125RR and 1125R. Details have also emerge that Erik Buell Racing’s shop will sell race and performance parts for the 1125, XB, and XBRR series of motorcycles.

Source: Erik Buell Racing

Comment:

1. Erik Buell Racing 1190RR Race Bike Announced – Future World …: First up is the news that EBR will offer three.. http://bit.ly/6e66jq

2. Erik Buell Racing 1190RR Race Bike Announced – Future World … http://bit.ly/8PczVt

3. Eric says:

THIS IS COMICAL!!!!! Sure he can go World Superbike Racing with the machine, all he needs to do is sell 2000 street legal and certified units to be eligible. You will find THAT at notgoingtohappen.com

4. Erik Buell Racing 1190RR Race Bike Announced – Future World … http://bit.ly/8xiZBN

5. Chris says:

Eric, he doesn’t have to SELL 2000 units, he only has to make them available to the public. If he can somehow convince the powers that be that the 1190 is a kit for the already made 1125R, he’s in. Stranger things have happened–remember the Petronas?

6. Eric says:

The rules that were put in place for 2009 and going forward prohibit just such the thing as the Petronas.

2.9.2 MINIMUM PRODUCTION QUANTITIES AND MARKET AVAILABILITY
    The minimum required production quantities consist of units with identical equipment intended for sale to customers. Evidence of production quantities must be certified by the manufacturer’s auditing firm and/or any other institution which may provide reliable documentation. This certificate must be written in English or French and the model/type must be specified.
    Market Availability and sale to the public may be demonstrated by waybills, bills of lading and/or any other import, export or customs documents duly certified by the relevant authority.
    2.9.2.1 FIRST TIME APPLICATION FOR HOMOLOGATION
    A manufacturer requesting a homologation for the very first time in its existence must follow the procedure below.
    • The manufacturer must have produced at least a quantity of 125 motorcycles prior to the homologation inspection. The motorcycle must be on sale to the public at that time.
    • The minimum quantity of 500 units must be reached by the end of September of the current year.
    • The minimum quantity of 1000 units must be reached by the end of December of the current year.
    • From 2010 onwards the minimum quantity will be 3000 units. • All motorcycles must be identical to the model to be homologated with the
    same specifications. • Proof of production quantities must be provided by certified documentation
    as stated in Article 2.9.2. • The FIM will withdraw the homologation if these rules are not respected.
    2.9.2.2 SUBSEQUENT HOMOLOGATIONS
    A manufacturer who has previously homologated a motorcycle and is requesting a homologation must follow the procedure below:
    • The manufacturer must have produced at least a quantity of 250 motorcycles prior to the homologation inspection. The motorcycle must be on sale to the public at that time.
    • The minimum quantity of 1000 units must be reached by the end of June of the current year.
    same specifications.
    168
    • Proof of production quantities must be provided by certified documentation as stated in Article 2.9.2.
    • The FIM will withdraw the homologation if these rules are not respected.

7. John says:

Quit wining. Why are you so set against EBR entering? The man has prived he can squezze power from a grape. Just look at how much he got out of a pathetic outdated sporster engine. HD screwed up by the numbers closing down the Beul line and he is going to prove it to them.

8. Eric says:

John you are EPIC!!! Next you will tell me that Erik heals lepers and cured cancer.

9. Jenny Gun says:

Wait…he doesn’t cure lepers and cure cancer??!

10. Eric says:

HA!!!!!!!!! Perfect Jenny, PERFECT!!!!

11. Logan says:

Eric, why is it so hard to believe that an American company can succeed? Have you any idea about Buell motorcycles? If Erik Buell can compete then by all means I am here to support him. Harley Davidson dropped the ball on an EPIC venture. Just my two cents.

12. Eric says:

I have no problem with an American company trying to succeed in WSBK, it’s just that Erik Buell is not the man to do it. Every step of the way he ALWAYS has an excuse of why he has not been as successful as he promised. He has a track record going well back in to the 80’s and the result is always the same.

The are his true believers that will disagree and you will not be able to get them to put down the mixture of his Kool-Aide and Snake Oil, and for them there is nothing I can do. A 25+ year track record can not be ignored. The only thing more ridiculous than Erik producing a bike that would be competitive in WSBK is Michael Czsyz going into production with ANYTHING after bilking investors out of over $50 million.

13. Keath-K says:

Buellの水冷レーサー1190RR、後輪出力で185HP出てるのか。クランクだとどんぐらいでてんだろ。 http://bit.ly/6MpH9v

14. michael says:

I’m sure they’ll do great if they get to race WSS against stock 600 cc production bikes;-) Maybe Edmonson can get the FIM to fudge the rule book.

15. JoeKing says:

Wait…he won’t be racing in WSS?

16. mohit khtri says:

if give me an oppourninty,i skip all of u.

17. CarbonBigfoot says:

Just tell me it’s not going to be interesting…

If you’re so sure EBR will get it’s collective ass handed to them in WSB, what’s the harm in letting it happen? I mean, what’s the worst that can happen?

Oh, yeah. He might win…

R

18. Eric says:

Holy CRAP CarbonBigFoot, that’s FUNNY!! The Chicago Cubs will win the World Series, The Detroit Lions will win the Super Bowl and China will win the World Cup of Soccer before Erik wins a race in WSBK.

19. CarbonBigfoot says:

So…. what’s the harm?

R

20. CarbonBigfoot says:

In letting EBR try, that is…

R

21. Tuber says:

I assume the interested parties will figure this all out. Either the governing bodies will let Buells race, or they won’t. I would like to see it. However, I am prejudiced, since I own several air-cooled Buells. Whether ripping through the mountains, or doing track days, I have a blast. I’d hate to see the brand disappear.

22. Erik Von Zipper says:

I want to see EBR meet the WSBK homologation requirements just like all the other manufacturers – produce 1000 bikes for sale before the end of 2010 and another 1000 in 2011. What’s the harm in all manufacturers playing by the same rules? Then I want to see his bike compete in WSBK to see what he’s got.

23. Casadune says:

I find it Ironic that the people have drank their kool-aide and said America can never succeed. Let’s talk Chevy. Let’s talk Cadillac. Both Marks made their re awakened racing challenge debuts in the overseas markets. They have to some degree learned how to dominiate their classes in Grand-Am Rolex and Lemans series racing.

What makes this endeavor any difference other than the economy right now. Is it because you are afraid that an American company that has parts engineered all over the world may just bust some chops and prove that we Americans have the engineering where with all, and the gumption to not back down from a fight for success? Or, did you buy a bike because of brand naming and recognition in the World Championships. I suspect that may be the case. But, I could very well be wrong.

However, Be nay sayers, or Yeay sayers, He is proceding on in difficult times. Can anyone here say they ever endeavored to own and operate a business or start a business from scratch? I have, just recently started and purchased my own franchise and it is not easy starting from nothing. But, he has endeavored to overcome this. So, I say proceed on EBR. The masses may not know any better but to duck and hide. Stick your head up and breathe. Go win…..

24. jake318 says:

Well one thing they have for them is that they handle better than the japanese Superbikes and make In the 1190 trim almst as much power . With a good rider they should be in the running at least but cant se them as title contenders yet .

25. XB9R Firebolt says:

Long Live the BUELL!!!

26. ponti says:

I am looking forward to any and all classes that Erik Buell can get himself into. With a season of data logging in the AMA last year, they surely have lots of great information to study and use as input to further refine their racing machines.

27. chadleys1 says:

The obvious source of the negative reaction to Erik Buell Racing’s conquest is, most definitely, FEAR.

If you do not know the real facts of Erik Buell’s last 25 years, please educate yourself. The history of the man and his company are well documented.

Eric, your posts come across as terrified, and considering all the inaccuracies, almost panicked.

—-“SIR” FREAKING CHADLEY

28. blazin shot down in flames says:

Nobody else will say ,so I will, Eric you sir are a narrow minded DOUCHE BAG! Good day to sir ………..I said good day!

29. wrnglrx says:

Listen to this guy named ERIC did some black 1125r vtwin woop ur ass on the track or something?

30. Apple says:

Is This That The 1190rr?

31. ponti says:

Apple, no…That pic is a 1125RR that ran in a couple AMA Superbike races last season. The 1190RR has not yet had full photos published, as far as I know.

I know the PegasusRaceTeam that bought two 1190RR bikes from Erik Buell Racing has some close-up shots on their website. Those are all I personally have seen…Here’s a link:

32. AMA #1 says:

You can find pictures of the new Erik Buell Racing 1190RR on the new Erik Buell Racing website at:

Enjoy.

It’s an amazing motorcycle.

33. XB12R says:

It’s ERIK not eriC, and you are the douche bag blazin shot. From everyone in East Troy WI a BIG FU…Good day Sir

34. buellboy says:

The 1190 is based on the 1125R which sold more then 2000 bikes.
    if WSK does not allow it its prefectly understandable. The europeans are protecting their sport. Buell already spanked the Jappy bikes last year in the AMA. they don’t wan’t an American doing a peral harbour on them either.
    botton line is we went to the moon while the europeans and japps were making toaster ovens.
    the last thing they want is American competition.

35. Eric says:

BuellBoy, you have to produce 2000 units of the bike you intend to race, not some derivative of that bike. The rest of your comments are xenophobic, ignorant horsecrap

36. John says:

Me, I’d like to see them race too.
    I’m also biased as my Buell is the best handling bike I’ve ever owned and with minor tweaks is fast enough for me. I also appreciate the engineering that’s gone into the Buells.

I’d just like to see something other than the established manafacturers on the track.
    Let’s face it the rule makers have fudged for the likes of Ducati in the past so why the hell not?
    I really just want to see more bikes racing and to have something American made in the mix is good isn’t it? I’m a Brit by the way so I’m not being nationalistic.