Photos from 250+ Feet up COTA’s Petrolsaurus Rex

Standing 251 feet above Turns 16, 17, & 18, the COTA observation tower provides a bird’s eye view of just about every tun on the circuit, if you can stomach its subtle sway in the wind and clear-glass floor at the precipice. Officially called by COTA as the “Observation Tower” – it really needs a better name for casual conversation. We’ve heard COTA Cobra used a few times with some lovely alliteration, but the structure has always struck us as less snake-like, and more like a big dinosaur — we’re going to use the name “Petrolsaurus Rex” until I hear something better, or COTA sends me a cease and desist order. I climbed to the top of Petrolsaurus Rex (read: took the elevator) during the MotoGP Warm-Up session, and snapped a few photos in the process. Enjoy!

MV Agusta F3 800 Ago Now Officially Debuts

We already announced the bike last November, and brought you a bevy of hi-res images of the special edition machine. Although now that we think of it, MV Agusta never released anything on this Giacomo Agostini tribute motorcycle — better late than never, right? Back at the EICMA show launch, where the MV Agusta F3 800 Ago was first shown to the public (and Agostini himself), the Varese brand promised us two additional motorcycle launches in early 2014. MV Agsuta made good on half that promise with the Dragster 800 model, hopefully this Ago special edition isn’t the other half of that statement, and MV Agusta still has something waiting in the wings. That being said, the Tricolore & Gold paint scheme is gorgeous, and looks even better in person.

Isle of Man TT Gets TV Deal for Australia & USA

Want to watch the Isle of Man TT from the comfort of your non-British TV, but haven’t been able to in the past? A new TV from the Isle of Man’s Department of Economic Development will do just that. Inking a new TV contract with North One TV, the Isle of Man TT will be televised in the American, Australian, and of course British markets, making it easier than ever to watch the iconic road race. With a five-year contract with the Velocity Channel in the US, the American cable channel will show seven one-hour race shows. Each segment will air within 24hrs of each race, and be tailored for the American market.

Castiglioni Denies Fiat Buyout of MV Agusta Is in the Works

After reporting 22% growth in Q1 2014, Giovanni Castiglioni had some closing words about the rumors that Fiat could acquire MV Agusta — a popular rumor that has been swirling around in the press the last two months. Denying outright that MV Agusta had, or was in, talks with the Fiat-Chrysler group about an acquisition (some reports linked even MV Agusta to being bought by Fiat-owned Ferrari), Castiglioni said the Italian company solely was focused on building growth, and building motorcycles. “Moreover, I’d like to take this opportunity to deny rumours circulated by the media over the last few days concerning supposed negotiations vis-à-vis the sale of a share of MV Agusta to the Fiat-Chrysler Group,” said Giovanni Castiglioni, the President and CEO of MV Agusta.

A 2WD Hybrid-Electric Motorcycle for the US Military?

In the coming years, US special forces may be riding a tw0-wheel drive, hybrid-electric, multi-fuel motorcycle co-developed by BRD Motorcycles and Logos Technologies. Helping make this project possible is a Small Business Innovation Research grant from DARPA. The goal is to make a single-track vehicle for US expeditionary and special forces that will be nearly silent in operation, yet also capable of traveling long distances. Details on the proposed machine are light, of course, but it sounds like the 2WD dirt bike will be based off the BRD RedShift MX (shown above), and use an electric drivetrain, as well as a multi-fuel internal combustion engine to achieve its goals.

Colin Edwards Will Retire from Racing after 2014 Season

Announcing his decision during the pre-event press conference for the Red Bull Grand Prix of the Americas, Colin Edwards told the assembled press that 2014 would be the Texan’s last season racing a motorcycle. Citing a lack of improvement on his performance in pre-season testing and at the Qatar GP, Edwards decision perhaps answers the lingering question in the paddock of when the American rider would hang-up his spurs after an illustrious career in AMA, WSBK and MotoGP. Talking about his inability to come to terms with the Forward Yamaha, which Aleix Espargaro was able to take to the front of the pack in Qatar, Edwards was at a loss when it came to understanding the Open Class machine and his lack of results.

MSF Updates Its Basic RiderCourse Curriculum

It is no surprise that statistics from the NHTSA show that motorcycle accidents and injuries are on the rise. According to the 2012 Motor Vehicle Crash report published by the NHTSA, motorcycle fatalities for that year rose to 4,957, up seven percent from 2011, while injuries increased 15% to 93,000. While the NHTSA statistics are misleading because the motorcycle category includes mopeds, scooters, three-wheelers, pocket bikes, mini bikes, and off-road vehicles, new riders need every advantage they can afford. The Motorcycle Safety Foundation has taken notice of these statistics and has revised the curriculum for its Basic RiderCourse to include a new Basic eCourse, which students will take prior to in-person instruction.

Yamaha Trademarks “R1S” & “R1M” at USPTO – “YZF-R1M” Trademarked Abroad – But Why?

Are new Yamaha YZF-R1 models coming down the pipe? That’s the question being asked after trademark filings in the US and abroad tipped off Yamaha Motor’s intention to use “R1S”, “R1M”, and “YZF-R1M” for motorcycle, scooter, and three-wheeled purposes. The filings are being taken as hints towards a possible multiple trim levels of the Yamaha YZF-R1 superbike, with the “S” and “M” designations being different spec machines than the current base model. The “S” nomenclature is a popular one in the two and four-wheeled world, though “M” would certainly be a novel designation, outside of say…BMW.

Bell & COTA Create Texas-Themed Limited-Edition Helmet

Continuing its theme of making limited-edition helmets for premier-class US rounds, Bell Helmets has teamed up with the Circuit of the Americas and Chris Wood, of Airtrix, to create a Texas-themed Bell Star Carbon helmet, just in time for COTA’s MotoGP race next weekend. Available only until April 13th, the Bell/COTA helmet features a red, white, and blue flag motif on the front, with both the American and State of Texas flags visible, which then wrap around the rear to merge with a hardwood design, reminiscent of the floorboards in a Western saloon. The helmet is also crowned with a Longhorn cattle skull, which adds to the Texan motif. The specially designed helmet also features a horseshoe, the COTA logo, and the 2014 Red Bull MotoGP of The Americas logo.

Aprilia Mounting a Return to MotoGP in 2016

Towards the end of the 800cc era, MotoGP looked to be in dire condition. Grids were dwindling, factories were reducing their participation, and teams were in difficult financial straits indeed. By the end of 2011, there were just 17 full time entries, Suzuki was down to a single rider, and were about to pull out entirely for 2012. How different the situation looks today. In a recent interview with the official MotoGP.com website, Aprilia Corse’s new boss Romano Albesiano gave a brief outline of their plans. The Italian factory will continue to work with the IODA Racing team for 2014 to collect data on the electronics and tires, which they will use as input on an entirely new project being worked on for 2016.

American Chopper Cancelled by TLC

02/08/2010 @ 9:00 am, by Jensen Beeler81 COMMENTS

American Chopper Cancelled by TLC american chopper senior vs junior 623x467

UPDATE: American Chopper is back as American Chopper: Senior vs. Junior. The new show sees both Teutuls going head-to-head in bike build offs at their respective workshops.

The Learning Channel (TLC) has finally given the television series American Chopper the boot, releasing information that show’s season finale will debut this Thursday at 9pm (8pm Central). We can only conclude that the show’s demise comes as a result of the ongoing rift between Paul Teutul Sr. and his sons, in particular his former partner Paul Teutul Jr. The two Paul’s are locked in a legal struggle regarding ownership of the American Chopper business, which has bled onto the television screen.

Additionally, the last few episodes of the show have seen Paul Sr. constantly taking jabs at Paul Jr. and Mikey, which for a channel based on family-oriented values and content, may not exactly be the image TLC is looking to portray to its viewers. While we can only speculate on TLC’s abrupt decision to cancel the show, a TLC  representative is quoted as saying, “the Teutuls will always be a part of the Discovery family and we congratulate them on a tremendously successful series run.”

Source: TMZ via The Kneeslider

Comment:

1. Too little motorcycle, too much hair-pulling and crying. RT @Asphalt_Rubber American Chopper canceled by TLC http://bit.ly/b1X3tH

2. John says:

Thank God! It’s a real shame that Sr. and Jr. can’t put their personal conflict aside and enjoy their success. Without the show, OCC is very likely doomed.

3. Gildas says:

They can go back to drinking now.

4. Harumph says:

I’d be a little more gratified if the show was being axed because the public had lost interest in overblown stereotypes of motorcycle culture.

I’ll accept it this way though.

5. Joe Moses says:

RT @SoCalBuellRider: Too little motorcycle, too much hair-pulling and crying. RT @Asphalt_Rubber American Chopper canceled by TLC http://bit.ly/b1X3tH

6. Sean Mitchell says:

Long overdue. Seriously, they wouldn’t be millionaires without eachother, too bad the reconcilation and counseling they went through amounted to jackola.

7. Maas says:

Finally!!!! Now can we get a show with real skilled craftsmen building bikes that can go around corners. Something intelligent with an emphasis on engineering and aesthetics. A program that does not belittle motorcyclist to homoerotic father/son bitching bozos.

8. Bill Smith says:

How many custom choppers and dysfunctional family members can one show expect to air while retaining some level of sane viewership? Do we really enjoy watching this? I think not!

9. Joe Dragunas says:

I was laid up in bed, after a long hospital stay. The A/C show just started, about the same time. It was the one thing ,that I looked forward to ,each week. It got my mind off my pain and helped me see, how I may have treated ,my sons. I love Bikes, and can appriciate the talents involved, in building a bike. I was saddened by the firing of the young painter, and Nubs took over. Then Vinnie got fed up , and quit. I never thought the show would let him leave. He was a major part of the whole show. The Pauls were rabbid and there was Vinie calm as ever. It balanced it out. Then Rick became the center of calm when Jr. and SR. had a hissy fit. But that aside you would think all concerned would put off the anger while the show is still on the air. The money thing is stupid. It’s like rats fighting over a piece of cheese while the ship is sinking. I hope TLC will get enough feedback to bring back this show, and I hope the cast will learn to keep business seperate from personal…Thanks , Joe

10. http://bit.ly/GB4dq American Chopper Cancelled by TLC: Motorcycle news, Industry Rumors, MotoGP, World Superbike, … http://bit.ly/d5Trr3

11. Wayne says:

I’ve been expecting this since Jr. started off on the boutique tangent. In all honesty, I’m surprised they let it go as long as they have. I can’t really see TLC replacing it with another bike show (as their current trend seems to be little people) but if they could somehow get Vinnie, Mike Amorati, Christian and Rick in one shop, I bet that would be worth watching.

12. Jobie says:

Choppers are dead anyway (ask HD.lol), and Paul Sr is a money grubbing fool. FAMILY FIRST! Family will pull you trough hard times….

13. RT @Asphalt_Rubber: American Chopper Cancelled by TLC – http://bit.ly/b1X3tH #motorcycle

14. Gott sei Dank! :) RT @Asphalt_Rubber: American Chopper Cancelled by TLC – http://bit.ly/b1X3tH #motorcycle

15. http://www.asphaltandrubber.com/news/american-chopper-cancelled-tlc/ no wonder. American Chopper used to be inspiring. now it's just a mess

16. Matt G says:

“amily-oriented values and content”? Give me a break. Call Jon and Kate.

17. RT @Asphalt_Rubber: American Chopper Cancelled by TLC – http://bit.ly/b1X3tH #motorcycle

18. American Chopper Cancelled by TLC – http://bit.ly/b1X3tH #motorcycle

19. @Asphalt_Rubber: American Chopper Cancelled – http://bit.ly/b1X3tH #motorcycle /Nouveau choppers were a short-term fad. Took long nuff

20. American Chopper Cancelled by TLC – http://bit.ly/b1X3tH #motorcycle /via @Asphalt_Rubber whoa, wasn't that bro on Conan recently? Ironic

21. American Chopper wird eingestellt: http://bit.ly/b1X3tH (via @pistonpin).

22. David says:

I enjoyed the first few seasons of this show. It inspired me to get into fabrication, and when I look at my shop full of Miller welders, sheet metal equipment, shears, bandsaws and torches, I will always think of this show. It was something that caught my attention and made me want to learn, and I have learned. With that said, where would OCC be had Discovery not did a show? Would they be in business? I’m guessing they probably would be, and they probably would still be more family oriented. Money can be a good thing, but they got way too much bling, way too quickly. I don’t feel so badly for the family, but I do for the employees. The future will be a bit uncertain to see if OCC can survive in this economy without the big checks and promoting TLC offered them. I watched the first few seasons and paid attention. However the last season or two, I started to really wonder what they were thinking. That massive shop is certainly a nice place, but in reality, unnecessary. This last season was awful and I don’t really blame the guys in the shop. I thought some of the bikes were pretty neat, even without Jr. around. However I questioned why TLC and the producers of this show would focus so much attention on Mikey who honestly was annoying from the start. Jr. did help make OCC a success, but his attitude, ego, and lack of dedication was a huge down fall. That all played out on TV for not only us lowly people to watch, but corporations alike. Now Jr. in his tacky design company with his Tundra with lots of stickers is still getting on screen time, why? I wouldn’t hire that guy to design me a toilet seat, cause god knows when or if it will get done. No offense but work ethic is VERY important, and it is critical to being part of a team. Anyhow is it because he was written into a contract with TLC and must provide face time outside of OCC, or was there simply so little content from OCC they had to focus on boutiques, rehab, and legal issues. What if Jr. started a toilet seat company, would TLC have aired him making the latest flamed toilet seats, or dog park potty? That isn’t a Chopper show, it’s a joke.

There was a time when I thought A/C being cancelled would really suck. To me it sucks for the employees who worked hard to make OCC what it is today. I hope those guys continue doing what they are doing and can support their families. Would OCC have worked without drama? Probably not. However it could have worked without dog parks, piano lessons, etc. I think they have done a lot of good for charity, and I know full well there are many men and women who got interested in a trade because of shows like this. It’s just sad that money, ego, and thinking they are invincible lead them down a road to almost bankruptcy. I hope OCC makes it because it would be a shame to watch a little shop with some big ideas, make it big, and fail. That is the American Dream, and I don’t wish them any less success because their show sucked over the last couple of seasons. I know I would have loved to spend a month there learning from those guys, like Jim and Rick. Anyone who thinks it’s easy should pick up a TIG welder and lay down a nice bead, or use a forming hammer to shape metal into a specific shape. You’ll quickly realize it’s best you enjoy your latte from Starbucks, and keep that cubicle worker job you have. For me, fabrication and building is fun, it’s not my career. But I owe these guys, even though I’ll never meet any of them, a debt of gratitude for sparking my interest in something I find VERY rewarding.

23. William says:

I use to like the shoe when Paul Jr still worked for OCC. Watching JR build dog parks and grills was just embarassing and watching Senior cry over his fucking dog like it was the end of the world and bringing him to a restraunt to eat a steak was over the top. Sr likes to be alpha male, his ego was the rise and fall of the show and no doubt OCC will not be able to keep that massive building paid off now without the show. OCC is dead.

On a side note, Paul Jr’s GF will be looking for a new guy soon, that little gold digger needs some lovin

24. mach1 says:

its about time how many dog parks do we need,
    and the pure crap that occ is putting out yea I want a bike from the mind of poolly what joke
    and mikey go back to drinken now that was funny Rick you are the Man

25. fred says:

A lot of the show was faked for the cameras, nonsense scenes where added when things got boreing (air canons, races of some sort, staff events etc.), too many events went by without explanation (Nubbs, Vinnie leaving etc.), there is the really nasty to watch family anger that can’t be good for younger viewers (even if viewing discretion is sometimes advised), the pathetic unvailings where the OCC crew mutter through their explanation of the bike and exclaim ‘what a great experience it has been…’ and how ‘it was a challenge’ nearly every time (it’s a motorbike you’ve built not a ground-breaking piece of science!), and lastly there is the whole ‘choppers aren’t very eco-friendly nor economical’ aspect to the show’s theme which works to enforce the ‘we are american therefore we can crap all over the word and get away with it’ stigma that exists worldwide.

I watched a recent episode and found that less than 10 minutes relates directly to footage of a bike being built which just about sums it up for me. There is too much ‘other stuff’ going on and not enough of the bikes being designed and built.

One of of my pet peaves is the whole ‘Paul Jr. leaving’ story line because, as others have said already, he has made a lot of money from the show and the effect it has had on the OCC business yet having decided to leave the show should have dropped him altogether and got back to the bikes.

A bit harsh of me to say all that, maybe, but once the show is no longer on-air I’m sure there will be rounds of repeat showings that will continue to fill the OCC coffers but at the end of the day I personally don’t believe it will be missed too much (having written all that I do now wonder what I watched it?!?!?!).

26. Matt says:

Maybe TLC cancelled it because the show doesn’t feature any midgets.

27. RT @Asphalt_Rubber: American Chopper Cancelled by TLC http://bit.ly/b1X3tH

28. I’m getting this number wrong, because I can’t be bothered to go back and check it, but I’m giving you the right impression — according to Writers Guild of America, there’s something like 1,500 writers working in s0-called ‘reality’ TV. I guess the writers of American Chopper — who you can be sure scripted much of the show’s familial strife, now find that life imitates art. Next show: Ice-road bikers ride to Alaska to drink with Deadly Catch captain. Oh, wait, that guy’s dead. Well, at least that’s a good excuse to cancel…

29. Ron Schexnaydre says:

I hope paul sr can be a real man! He is about to lose his whole family. God has blessed him with many opportunities and if he does not accept his kids with faults and all he will never be happy. Paul jr has to humble himself a little and try and understand where his dad has come from forgive him. Mike is caught in all this and I hope they all can meet and make up. Money can cause real problems and I hope they open there hearts to god and understand we are called to love despite the problems of this world.

30. Cookie says:

A local TV station in my area airs the old episodes and it sad to see how fame has tainted them. We had to figure their fan appeal would wand once Vinnie left. Senior has an anger issue that can’t be resolved, no matter how much therapy he goes through and that was a deterrent from the first show on. Claiming fatherhood will not suffice in bringing the family back together, the damage is irreversible at this point. It wasn’t good television watching them destroy property. TLC needs to wake up and overhaul their entire program line up, it all stinks.

31. Phillip says:

Unwarranted, and unf air Criticism of the Teutel’s

It is easy enough to pick out flaws in the work others have done,
    to point out errors others have made, when your own task you have not begun

It is easy enough to fuss and find fault when others are doing their best,
    to sneer at the little they have achieved when you have done nothing but rest.

It is easy enough to cavil and carp, to criticize scoff and deride,
    for few of us have ever done perfect work no matter how hard we have tried.

It is easy enough to speak of the best and dwell all the time on the worst,
    and perhaps it is proper to sometimes find fault, but be sure you have done something first.

Translated get off your butt and build a better motorcycle the world will want to watch,
    till then clam up & watch American Chopper, cancel TLC bring back American Chopper

32. Rocky says:

I enjoyed the show, sad to see it ended on such a sour note. The bottom line is, Sr. worked his a– off his whole life and finally gets a taste of success, while Jr. just falls into it without even trying, then gets so drunk with power and fame, he decides to work when he fells like it, completely disrespecting his fathers and all his co-workers. And Mikey was the biggest joke of all, after Sr. sits him down and tells him his missed like 60+ days of work, I almost fell off my couch! I mean what did he do anyways? All i ever saw him do was flounder around the shop and make jokes! You would think just out of pride and being around buiders in 7 years he would have learned how to build bikes himeself? how lasy can someone be, and how much guild I’d have taking a check for doing nothing! Anyway, I would love to see the show start up again one day if everyone makes up and can work together again.

33. bob says:

about time, anybody can buy parts and have some one paint it and take credit that they built it lets see how long it takes for the company to fail

34. Ollie says:

It was time. It seldom fails when a family decides each one of its members feels that they, individually, are the centers of that universe. When will people learn that team effort means team?

The show was good with Sr. and Jr. engaged in a little feuding over a build, not money. And when Mikey lent some much needed humor and real emotion to the mix, while Vinnie bended a little metal and did some wiring. And when the Tuetel’s still needed a local painter, an outside chrome company, frame provider and parts from Harley. When they still NEEDEED, the show was real and something most viewers could relate to. But when they grew, they crashed.

Could they not see that the chopper thing was a fad, supported by baby boomers who didn’t ride the first time around, who would indeed age? Did they really think that a “worldwide” headquarters would make them just another big corporation in the eyes of the viewers. Could they not see that when a show aired and disclosed that the main guys who did the grunt work had to purchase their own health insurance and had no benefits while Sr. and Jr. built audacious homes that an average viewer could never afford? Could they not see that people related to Vinnie, Cody and Mikey and because they were real guys, hard working guys, okay not Mikey, but he was a cool dude none the less.
    Didn’t Paul Sr.’s advisers tell him that building a huge new building on the eve of economic collapse in a time sensitive market would alienate viewers?

Their beginnings were fairy-tale like and their demise is like a bad dream. Money and control issues for an egocentric team like Sr. and Jr. is a very bad mix.

The chopper craze is over. The Tuetels have burned too many bridges and are far too limited in scope and talent to make it in another venture. It’s over.

35. julie romeo says:

The bikes were good but not that great and all of them were the same and also without Vinnie it wasn’t the same and he worked hard of most of them with Paulie Jr. and also without Mikey he was the entertainer of the show.

36. in its day occ was great.iloved watching bike bilds and some fooling about.but it lost something.and when a show as lost that spark it does not get it back.we all have are own view on who is good at what they do.and all together they made a great show.then with one thing and another it just changed all went down hill. its only as i see things.what do you think. 29 may 2010 l.b.m. manchester england .may you all be safe on your wheels.and may the great spirts watch over you all.

37. well time goes on and now we know better jnr fired mike gone all the great guys that made occ what it was.all gone.well things are geting better .paul jnr as his own bike shop.and some of the old team are coming back.things are looking good.paul snr and paul jnr will be at ther own bike shops to see what the other one is up to.i think sparkes will fly.nothing new ther then .so lets see how things work out .from . L.B.M.manchester england.july.10.2010.so stay safe on your wheels guys and lades too.ps god bless our boys over seas.

38. HI JULIE ROMEO FROM L.B.M. what you say in your post is spot on .occ was great at one time .and as you say vinnie a great bike builder the best.and paul jnr great at is job.and mikey a great guy and as you say the entertainer of the show.but thanks paul snr all as gone.once it as gone you never get it back .so julie romeo.from L.B.M. stay safe on your wheels.from manchester england .july.112010.PS GOD BLESS OUR BOYS OVER SEAS.

39. THE TV .CO TLC.STANDS FOR TENDER LOVING CARE. I BET YOU DID NOT KNOW THAT .THEY DID NOT KNOW TOO. AND I BET THE TEUTULS NO IT NOW.BUT I THINK THEY KNOW HOW IT IS NOW.JUST ME SAYING MY LITTLE BIT.L.B.M.FROM MANCHESTER ENGLAND .OR IS IT TROUBLE LOVING CRAP.SOUNDS GOOD TO ME.JULY.20.2010.PS GOD BLESS OUR BOYS AND THE BOYS FROM THE USA OVER SEAS. I SAY BOYS . THEY ARE ALL BRAVE MEN .

40. julie romeo says:

To me, I thought that the Teutals were great even though Paul Senior didn’t think how his sons were doing and just to think that he is the tough guy.

41. HI JULIE ROMEO L.B.M. I TO LIKE THE TEUTULS .LOOK AT THINGS TODAY DID IT HAVE TO COME TO THIS NO.AS YOU SAY PAUL SNR IS THE TOUGH GUY .IT TAKES A TOUGH GUY TO SAY SORRY OR HE IS WRONG.BUT NOT P.SNR. HE DID NOT RESPECT HIS SONS SO WHY WOULD THEY RESPECT HIM.YOU HAVE TO EARN RESPECT FARTHER OR SON IT WORKS BOTH WAYS.I HAVE A BIG FAMILY WE DO RESPECT EACH OTHER. IT IS NOT A HARD THING TO DO .SO JULIE STAY WELL AND YOUR FAMILY TOO.JULY.21.2010.PS GOD BLESS OUR BOYS AND THE BOYS FROM THE USA.THEY ARE ALL BRAVE MEN.MANCHESTER ENGLAND.

42. Mike Davis says:

I’m glad its over. I will never watch OCC again. These people never appreciated what they got.

43. bengun says:

This family is the most dysfunctional I’ve seen in a long time. Sr. can’t speak about his kids without his BP going sky-high, or without the obligatory four-letter-friend-getters.. The guy’s an uneducated maniac who has no sense of what being a parent entails. The man’s a bully, plain and simple. There was some value in watching the show when it first aired, but Srs. continuous put-downs of Jr. and Mike are beyond the pale. Sr. requires some serious anger management – parenting skills wouldn’t hurt either, but it’s far too late for this family. Good riddance – just ride off into the sunset Sr. – never to be seen again…

44. Linda says:

It’s really to bad,I think Sr. really Love’s his kids and they love him but working together like they did24 seven it’s going to happen. I love the episodes when they all were beaming and happy together,even with all the yelling and joking,you could tell they cared.I didn’t like Sr. talking about Jr. and Mikie in the new show, Mikie We think you are beautiful and keep up the good work,with staying sober,PAUL Jr. good luck with your new shop if I had money,You and Mike,and Vinnie would be building me a bike.I’m so glad Paul Jr. got Vinnie back,he was such a good worker,he built some beautiful Bikes with Paul Jr. And I think Sr. abused him.He did not get reconized at all,with all his hard work…Good Luck Guys

45. Susan Du Becker says:

The show was boring as anything with Paul Sr just munching around like he was ‘all that’. When will these people learn that it is all of them together that made it interesting not just them one at a time.

46. al says:

Paul SR is a dead set wanker!! Shame on you SR!!

47. DANNY says:

I watched seniorvs junior… JR IS TRYING TO MAKE A NEW START WITH HIS NEW COMPANY..SR.. IS RIDING BY JR’S SHOP AND DOING INTERVIEWS INFRONT OF JR’S NEW SHOP.. SR. WAS CONTANTLY BAD MOUTHING JR AND MIKEY.. SR. IS A BAD EXAMPLE OF A BAD FATHER.. HIS EGO IS TOO BIG… A GOOD EXAMPLE OF FATHER WITH COMPASSION FOR HIS KIDS WOULD BE TO STOP BY JR’S NEW SHOP AND WISH HIM THE BEST… SR.. NEEDS TO SHOW MORE LOVE AND EMOTION INSTEAD OF VILE HATED… SR..NEEDS TO CHECK INTO ANGER MGMT REHAB.. . HIS COMPASSION IS LACKING.. AND NEEDS TO CK HIS FOWL MOUTH..

48. SassieVixen says:

I have been watching the show since the first episode, and I couldn’t even be bothered watching it the last season. I actually lost all respect for Sr.; watching the show last night I couldn’t help but call him a hypocritical Basta?d everytime they showed his face. I tried to look at it from the point of view that if they weren’t family and Sr. had just built this company up from the ground he would not have to share the $$$. The sad fact is that it was a family business and he needed to share the wealth more as well as give credit where credit is due. We also saw him contribute to some degree when bikes were being built, but sadly it never seemed like he was contributing because he was into building it always seemed like he was doing so that it came off like he was a strong part of the team in building the bikes.

Looking from the outside in I just saw it as an “Ego Driven” contribution; usually when he would butt in while the team was working he would just screw something up; I mean how many times have we seen him try to screw something in or fix something and completely screw it up. He did not build that business alone; and sadly from the things I have heard him say he actually believes he built the business himself.

One thing that really pissed me off last night watching Sr. vs. Jr. was hearing the manager talk like he had been their from the beginning and how it took a well oiled team to build bikes like OCC does now. OMG I wanted to jump thru the TV and smack him upside the head; does everyone remember who the “Real Team” was before all the bravado & $$. I remember and that was the team that got them where they are today; not the well oiled team that they have now, no longer any heart and soul, its gone and Im really hoping that Jr. recaptures it, back to the beginning. If I had money right now to spend on a bike I’d be ordering one from Jr. right now.

49. SassieVixen says:

sorry for the messed up sentence; sometimes my mind goes faster than I can type and realized I had no way to edit once I hit Submit.

Correction: We also saw him contribute to some degree when bikes were being built. But sadly it never seemed like he was contributing because he loved building bikes. It always seemed he was contributing so he could feel he was part of the team that built the bike (Ego Driven contributions).

I think he just liked being the boss, the Alpha Male as others have stated, and to hear him last night talk about family, he knows nothing about how to be part of a family, they are all just rocks beneath his feet.

50. Bob M says:

I have to blame Paul Sr for all the problems, Yes Jr has a few too. Sr, got rid of his wife, then threw his sons out. Now like he said tonight that the shop is family like. He knows it is the only family he has and that is by way of strong arm. When his kids were growing up he was off drugging and alcohol. Jr is very hurt about it and has not walked the line as Sr wants. Poor Mikey, one good guy, but Sr made sure he made is life horrible too. Sr, favorite saying to Mikey why do I have you here. To make me laugh. He is telling mikey he is too stupid to do anything. Akk I have to say, is that Sr is hoping so hard to try to keep messing up their lives. Sr, is probally the low of low, has no idea that he could be wrong. He has no low that he would not stoop to. He should really be ashame of hisself. Time to grow up Sr after you threw all your family away, but u cant.

51. DAW says:

Only tonight, 8/26/2010 did I learn of the split. I used to enjoy the show but disliked all the conflict, which I assumed was added by the writers and producers. I got turned off and stopped watching it. Just happened on it this evening.

I have the same notion for Overhauling and the old Jessie James show.

I could name 3-4 other “reality” shows that have been run into the ground by adding fake stress and “schedule” elements to them.

Bye-Bye reality shows, good riddance.

52. wayne says:

Paul Sr. brings no inspiration to the business or the bikes. His tough guy image wins no one to watch, and his attitude is a cry baby who is losing his toy. I have never watched the show to see Paul Sr. He distracts the guys working on the bikes and the fans watching. I accepted him as a part of the show but now his greed won out in his personality and boo boo booo. Poor sport. This control freak should hide head in a hole. I don’t think much more of Paul Jr. other than his connection to bike themes that have an emotional connection to other products. Vinny and Rick win my vote. The two of them are real bike builders. Sorry Paul Sr. and Jr. you guys should have quit while you were ahead. TLC should try a new show. If I miss this show on Thursday its ok the bar B Q show is better. Anyway, I would like to see Vinny and Ricker build a bar B Q bike while destroying the cars they own with the tools they use. Drive through the building on scooters that have V twin’s with pipes that melt the tires. Crazy stuff like that made this show worth watching.

53. tracy says:

Paul senior should bring his sons back and get rid of his other guys go back to his small company and bring vinny back love hurts..

54. Liz says:

I will give senior his dues he started the company but he is old school choppers. Jr Is the one who made the company what it is today with his designs, Senior you need to grow the fuck up and be a man not a baby. These are your sons , start acting like a father . I can’t wait to see Juniors company surpass the OCC in business.

55. marie watson says:

I think that it is ashame that paul sr. acts more of a baby cause he cares more about occ that his own children. paul sr. will not be able to take his assets with him he should have just let things go and let paul jr and mikey have what was theirs and now that paul jr. has his own shop i hope it will be on tv cause i am a devoided fan watching them build motorcycles, it reminds me of the years i raised my two boys on a motorcycle and rallies.

56. Scot says:

I hope they dont cancel this show

57. I just hope that they do something due to the fact that Paul Jr. is trying his best at his new shop but I don’t think that Paul Sr. doesn’t care at all about his sons no matter what and I know that Mikey tries his hardest at something and I’m glad that he is helping his brother.

58. I totally agree you there and I wish the same thing and I hope that Paul Sr. deserves what he gets and I hope that Paul Jr. and Mikey will be alright and yes I’m also a fan of the boys (including Vinnie) and I hope that they have a good and solid job ahead of them.

59. Actually, no because he was the one who started all this and I think that he is the one to stop and think on what he had done to make his sons stop working for him.

60. I agree and I hope that he goes down and I hope that he realizes what he did.

61. djm says:

I know that Paul Sr thinks he is the reason the show and business has been such a success. He is sadly mistaken. No one can work with someone sceaming at you and belittling you all the time. I know because I lived with someone like that. A person like senior destroys the people around him and their ability to function. It was such a joy to watch the amazing talents of all the real contributors to the building of the bikes. It was sure genius how their ideas and labors created masterpieces. I personally have never cared about motorcycles but I truly love watching Pauley,vinnie and Rick work their magic. I sincerely hope that they work things out. SR and Jr need to learn from the mistakes, realize how important family is and rebuild the business better than ever. Sr needs to handle the business end and leave the bike building to Pauley. Pauley knows how to win hearts and captivate the audience. He must keep building bikes. He and the rest of the team have too much talent to waste. If all Pauley does is design bikes and oversee the construction; that should be enough. Creativity is not fast or easy work. A lot of thought goes into true masterpieces like the bikes that Pauley and his crew creates.
    Wishing all of you good luck and much success in the future. My husband and I really loved the earlier shows before all the fighting.

62. bikes4ever says:

I hope Sr and his kids can get pass their differences. I had a huge fight and year long argument with my dad and before we got things straightened out I lost my dad to a heart attack. Now our differences don’t matter. Life is to short for something so stupid as a father and kids fighting like this!

63. FRANK says:

this show exhausted itself….it has no real qualitys

they are building a metorite dirt bike?

MIKEY IS SHOTTING CANS WITH A BB GUN

ITS GARBAGE

YOU CAN BUY A ATV A HAVE A BETTER VEHICLE

WHAT THE HELL IS DISCOVERY CHANNEL DOING

THIS SHOW IS GARBAGE

IT IS BEYOUND RIDICULEOUS

NO WONDER THAT GUY WANTED TO KIDNAPP DISCOVERY CHANNEL EMPLOYEES WITH A GUN

THE CHANNEL IS TOTALLY OUT OF ORDER

64. bikes4ever says:

This is to Frank, Do you own one of their bikes and you know this for a fact? If not keep those remarks to yourself and learn how to spell!

65. zatoich says:

OK so it is all Paul seniors fault. His sons are two spoiled rotten brats that have to wake up.Like most children they do not realize how bad life can be until they lose their parents,then it is too late.All the power to you Paul senior.

66. Kevin says:

have one comment about harleys, harleys are not choppers, even if most choppers are harleys .

67. irksome says:

The fact that this thread has continued for 7 months is sad and pitiful. Shut off the TV and go riding fer f**k sake.

68. Jim says:

Thank God they’re gone, especially Sr. The guy never did a lick of work except with Cody.
    How can a man hate his own kids so much? Paul Jr., Jason, Vinnie, Rick and Christian were the whole show and obviously what made OCC what it is (was) not to mention the painters. God, what artists! I would expect the company to go belly up. Paul Jr. should settle for the buy out and move on. I feel sorry for Mikey because he has always had problems, not only the work ethic. Maybe without the show he will recover for good.

69. Jim says:

I have no doubt that the fellows from the shop will find great jobs doing what they do. Everyone knows who they are and what they can do. Good luck to all of them.

70. Paul senior always liked to ride the choppers to show off when they were presented but he never did the work. Paul jr. and Vinnie should have had the honors. Vinnie should have been a partner in the company.

71. sthewall says:

TLC should wait until Billy Lane is available and give him a show so that we might learn from a real engineer and inventor, instead of two very talented but self-destructive, haard=headed fabricaters.

72. Sam Patton says:

Hi Paul jr.

I just want you to know that your Father, is the only Father you will ever have, regardless of what he has done , said, or doing at this time. I feel you and your new shop will make it. Please take the time to really think whats going on in your life and your Fathers. I worked with my Father for many years and I can’t tell you how many times I was fired or quit, but it does say to HONOR your Father and Mother, In the Ten Commandments, so regardless of what happened, if it was my fault or my Fathers, I would go and apologize to him, Just to keep harmony in the Family. I know you still Love your Dad even, if he is a load mouth, and wants to take credit for everything you did, for him and his shop, but still get down and say you are sorry for everything that is taking place and took place no matter how much you feel you are right. One day you will wake up and he will be gone and this will eat at your heart for the rest of your life. I am only writing this because I know this tobe true, I felt like I needed to put my two cents in, so you could live long and prosper the rest of your life, as well as make the old tough softy,
    come to see you as you really are. This goes for your Brother as well.
    God Bless You All
    Sam
    P.S Forgive the spelling

73. Michael Baker says:

American Chopper: Senior vs. Junior has all the makings of a dysfunctional series. I’m extremely appalled at Paul, Sr. attitude, comments and underhanded tactics that he has shown so far in the few episodes I have seen. Every chance he gets, whether it’s only part of the “character” he is trying to protray, Paul, Sr. throws jabs after jab at Paul, Jr. weight, looks, business and reasons why “anyone” would want to work for him. “Everyone” knows that Paul, Jr. was the “artist” at OCC, with a stronge supporting cast like Vinnie, Rick and many others. Paul, Sr. never seem to take interest in the designs, but was the first one that wanted to take credit for it, as he drove the creations in. Shame on you Paul, Sr. and it would only be “Karma” if you were eventually left out of your sons lives, and become a “Company of One”

74. Michael Baker says:

American Chopper: Senior vs. Junior could possibly bring OCC to it’s knees and show the world that even though they can design and build a wonderful bike, the place where it comes from is not that of a “proud, upstanding” company that we all learned to love. Editing is a sure fire way to throw gas on a fire, but when the constant jabs and comments about the two sons he is suppose to love, where does it end. Comments that Paul, Jr. and Mike are lazy slobs, while professing his “love” for his new computer geek, designing son he always wanted, but never had is unforgiveable. One day, when the smoke clears, his sons are on with their lives and the grand kids don’t even know what their grandfathers name is, Paul, Sr. with be the one with the last laugh, as he sits alone alone on his porch and wonders what it would be like to hold his grand children.

75. FRANK SENDLER says:

HEY GUYS….LIFE IS TO FUCK’N SHORT….SUCK IT UP & GET JIGGY WIT IT !!! EVERYTHING IN LIFE COMES FULL CIRCLE……POP’S NEED JR. & JR. NEEDS POPS….PERIOD THE END !!!!!! THE SHOW BECAME A SUCCESS WITH ALL THE FAMILY INVOLVED….FUCK THE LAW SUIT, KISS N MAKE UP……PAUL SR., I LOST MY SON …HE HAD JUST TURNED 20 YRS. OLD, DON’T LET YOUR ATTITUDE & YOUR MONEY GET BETWEEN YOU & YOUR SON…..YOU CAN NEVER REPLACE THE LOVE & FRIENDSHIP THAT U GUYS HAVE BUILT TOGETHER….PLEASE BRO., STOP & LOOK AT THE BIG PICTURE !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! FRANK J. SENDLER

76. Buddy says:

Let’s get real!

Has anybody noticed that cameras are installed in both shops?

I don’t doubt that the two Pauls have very real differences between them, but the show is riding them to the fullest. taking advantage of the interest in their feud.

To be fair, I would probably do the same thing, but it’s probably not as bad as what the show makes it out to be.

After all, it’s a T.V. show, for crying out loud!

77. ZACHARY says:

SR. & JR.
    WHY DON’T YA’LL BUILD A MAKE-UP BIKE,WITH A SIDE CAR.
    BULL HORNS FOR HANDLE BARS-AND THE SIDE CAR CAN LOOK LIKE A BABY STROLLER.
    THIS WAY MIKEY CAN TAKE THE ONE ACTING LIKE A BABY HOME FOR THE DAY AND PUT THEM TO BED WITH NO SUPPER!! SERIOUSLY GUY’S, GROW UP AND MAKE EACH OTHER PROUD TO BE A PART OF A GREAT AMERICAN DREAM-YOU GUY’S ARE SO LUCKY TO HAVE THIS TALENT OF BIKE BUILDING-DON’T LET A GREAT THING GO TO WASTE OVER A FEW DOLLARS.
    OK-SR. ARE YOU SORRY?—YES.
    OK-JR. ARE YOU SORRY?—YES.
    SEE, THAT WASN’T SO BAD!!!
    NOW GO BUILD SOME BAAAD ASSSSS BIKES!!!!!!!!!!!!!

78. COLOSSUS says:

The difference between Senior and Junior was all made up to make the shows (both shows) ratings. Money talks. Case closed. Enough said.

79. joe says:

these guys are no biz men, occ would not be where it is if it wasnt for tv.this f amily is just following the script and laughing all the way to the bank. so they think right now.look at these shows cakeboss, pawnstars, if my small custom furniture shop, the woodwright, hit tv as the woodboss id be famous and rich,,,,,,and where all sucking it up,,, even me, cuz im on here.

80. joe says:

but would i take fame and fortune over my small shop. and building and restoreing masterpeice furniture,being just happy with my famly , not poor but not rich.just being an honest biz man,,,,, no way

81. TOM FERGUSON says:

WHATS WRONG WITH SR. ANYWAY? FAMILY ALWAYS COMES FIRST. THEY ARE FAMILY, YOUR SONS, JUST ENJOY THE SUCCESS, LIFE AND BE THANKFUL.