Another year, and another April Fools Day is in the bag. I am fairly certain that for journalists, April 1st is better than Christmas, as it marks the one day where media outlets make the news the wish they could report on daily. And as usual, the imaginations of the motorcycle media pool didn’t fail to disappoint.
David had a timely piece on Dani Pedrosa going back to Moto3 with KTM, in order to win his fourth championship. Drawing on the Spaniard’s recent news about having severe arm-pump and needing to take a break from racing — the story caught out more than a few readers.
For those of us still working on our 2014 tax returns, and have deductions on the brain, we ran a story that the IRS would be allowing tax deductions, up to $500, on new helmet purchases — something we wouldn’t mind having occur in reality.
Our last story for the day on A&R was about Honda on the verge of releasing an autonomous motorcycle for the mainstream, a story we hope won’t come to reality for a very, very, very long time — if not ever.
How about from the rest of the industry though? In case you missed them, the highlights of April Fools Day are after the jump.
- Backmarker: Helmets Optional in MotoAmerica? – Motorcycle-USA
- BMW S1000RR “Acceleration Package” – BMW Motorrad (Runner-up)
- SCOOP! Harley-Davidson Milwaukee-Eight Trademarked – Motorcycle.com
- Ducati Scrambler Shipment Lost at Sea – Pro-Italia (Best in Show)
- Valentino Rossi to Replace Dani Pedrosa at Repsol Honda – AcidMoto.ch
See any more good April Fools jokes that we missed? Leave them in the comments!