We haven’t seen something from the boys at Radical Ducati in a while, so their timing with Radical Ducati Matador and the holidays seems like an early moto-related present.
For the un-initiated, Radical Ducati is a small shop in Madrid, Spain that specializes in Frankensteining together custom motorcycles from the Ducati parts bin.
Based around the Ducati 1198 Superbike lump, and featuring all the usual Radical Ducati parts, the Radical Ducati Matador is not only typical of the Spanish firm’s gritty design practice, but also makes us nostalgic for the now deceased Ducati Streetfighter 1098 platform, which hit upon the same raw vein during its brief time in Ducati’s lineup.
The signature minimalist carbon fiber RAD solo tail section and RAD fuel tank are included in the Matador’s design, and we especially like that Pepo and Reyes have massaged some love into the 1198 engine, with a lightened flywheel and ported heads being part of the build — though no word is given on available power.
Still at 304 lbs, this machine should positively kill it at your local track day. We like that. Öhlins suspension, Brembo brakes, an EVR slipper clutch, and a RAD designed exhaust pipe complete the go-fast parts. You’ll have to remove your own chicken strips though.
Build Specifications of the Radical Ducati Matador:
- RAD 02 Aluminum frame
- RAD 02 Aluminum subframe
- RAD 02 Aluminum swingarm
- RAD 02 ergal triple clamps yokes
- Öhlins front fork
- Brembo calipers
- Discacciati Brake and Clutch radial pump
- Discacciati rotors
- Domino quick open gas throttle
- RAD 02 ergal clip ons
- RAD carbon fiber front mudguard
- RAD carbon fiber rear mudguard
- Discacciati rear brake kit with support, 200mm rear rotor and four piston caliper
- Öhlins rear shock
- RAD 02 Ergal regulable rear height rod
- Rizoma footrest
- Ducati 1198 SP engine: ported heads, lightened flywheel, EVR slipper clutch
- Febur race water radiator
- RAD 02 carbon fiber airbox with Jet Prime special air intakes with holders for injectors.
- Super Mario 2 in1 exhaust system
- RAD “tail fish” megaphone
- RAD carbon fiber bellypan
- NGK race spark cables.
- RAD 02 electrical wiring
- Aviacompositi race dashboard
- Baylistic LIPO battery
- ITX Aluminum forged wheels
- RAD 02 Aluminum fuel tank
- RAD 02 carbon fiber Corsa Evo solo seat
- RAD front plate number
- Weight: 138 kg
Source: Radical Ducati