What happens when you take the unassuming French-built MASH 500 and give it the same Spanish treatment that brought us the Radical Ducati brand? Something certainly a lot less bland than the budget-friendly standard, that’s for sure.
Radical Ducati’s Pepo has a new company, XTR Pepo, and he has branched out beyond just restyling Ducati motorcycles.
Accordingly, he just sent us his latest work, the Quattrocento XTR Pepo – and we are glad to see that out-of-the-box designs that are Pepo’s bread and butter remain in the motorcycle industry with his latest creation.
Unsurprisingly, just about all of the MASH 500 that remains is the learner-bike’s engine, and a few pieces of the frame; since as usual Pepo has sourced just about everything else from the leftover parts bin of other motorcycles.
You will see in there a pair of Aprilia RS125 forks, a Yamaha TZR 80 mudguard, a Suzuki GSX-R sidestand, just to name a few “donated” pieces. Other items like the swingarm, subframe, and headlight are custom-built by XTR.
The amalgamation of those pieces is truly unique, and long-time motorcyclists will see cues that dip into several generations of motorcycle design. I don’t think a MASH 500 would ever be on our short-list of bikes to ride in 2015, but the Quattrocento certainly could be.
Quattrocento Build List:
- Donor Bike : MASH five hundred.
- Original Modified frame with new rear subframe.
- XTR cantilever swingarm.
- Betor gas monoschock.
- Aprilia RS 125 front fork with radial caliper
- Brembo PR19 radial brake pump
- Frentubo brake line
- NG oversized rotor
- Original front hub with Excel rim
- Yamaha TZR 80 modified front mudguard
- TT rev counter
- XTR front light
- Aluminium front plate number
- XTR front support
- Tomaselli regulable clipons
- Suzuki Bandit clutch lever
- Modified Ducati 160 Sport fuel tank for mount fuel pump and fuel gauge.
- Monza gas tap
- RAD 02 F3 solo seat modified with upholstery.
- Montesa rear light
- Led blinkers
- Ergal Cnc machined Ducati 1098 footrest.
- Tsubaki gold chain
- Original rear hub with Excel rim.
- Modified rear Brake cover for better cooling
- Suzuki GSXR side stand
- LIPO battery
- Electronic Fuel injection
- DNA race air filter
- Supermario two in one exhaust system with megaphone
- Artenruta painting
Source: XTR Pepo; Photos: Pedro Mordt (Pistonbrew)