When it comes to the Montesa Cota 300RR, not too much changes for the 2018 model year, but that’s not going to stop us from sharing a gallery of 50 or so photos of this trials motorcycle.
A bike built for trials competition, the Cota 300RR is two-pounds lighter than the “consumer” focused 4RT260, and it features a number of components for that task, like HRC carbon fiber parts for the clutch cover protector, exhaust pipe guard, and headlight visor.
It also has an anodized chassis, as well as lightweight D.I.D aluminum rims that feature black-anodized machined hubs and Michelin tires.
The Montesa Cota 300RR is of course powered by a Honda four-stroke, liquid-cooled, fuel-injected 288cc single-cylinder engine, which has both a longer stroke and bigger bore than the Montesa Cota 4RT260.
Capable of only holding half a gallon of fuel in its tank, the 2018 Montesa Cota 300RR tips the scales at a paltry 162 lbs at the curb. A bike built to do a single task, very well, we think its red and black color scheme looks rather fetching as a bonus. Don’t you think?
Features of the 2018 Montesa Cota 300RR:
- Competition-ready, 288cc liquid-cooled, fuel-injected, single-cylinder four-stroke engine with a bigger cylinder bore and longer stroke than the 4RT260.
- Reduced engine braking via gas-decompressing system for the crankcase and enhancements to the electronics.
- High-flow fuel pump and modified clutch to match engine design.
- Close-ratio five-speed transmission.
- Bar-mounted map-selection switch (two modes) and magnetic kill switch.
- Lightweight titanium exhaust header pipe.
- Optional HRC FI tuning kit allows customers to fine-tune COTA’s Programmed Fuel Injection (PGM-FI) and ignition maps to match riding conditions.
- 39mm TECH cartridge-type telescopic fork with DLC coated upper tubes, lightweight aluminum lower legs, preload and rebound adjustability and 6.9 inches of stroke.
- Pro-Link rear Showa damper with preload and rebound adjustment and 6.7 inches of wheel travel.
- Lightweight black-anodized aluminum frame and swingarm.
- Peg position 5mm lower/rearward compared to the 4RT260.
- Slender, compact seat and tank.
- Hydraulic disc brakes with four-piston monoblock front caliper, two-piston rear caliper and red-anodized covers.
Source: American Honda