As our Bothan spies had predicted, Honda has unveiled a new power cruiser for the upcoming model year, the 2014 Honda Valkyrie. Thankfully dropping its F6C designation for the more iconic “Valkyrie” name, Honda’s new machine is based around the 1,832cc flat-six engine of the Honda Gold Wing, and aims to be a stripped-down cruiser alternative to Honda Gold Wing F6B bagger.
A model that first debuted in 1996, this new Valkyrie features an aluminum twin-spar frame, a low-seat height, and will tip the scales at the curb with 750 lbs. An anti-locking braking system (ABS) will be optional for the US market, though pricing is yet to be determined by American Honda. We think the cruiser market will like the new Valkyrie, how about you?
Since we have already covered this machine’s features and characteristics in our post two weeks ago, we’ll just leave you with the 2014 Honda Valkyrie’s big takeaways:
- Powerful, fuel-injected 1832cc engine features a parallel two-valve cylinder head with direct shim-under-bucket valve actuation for extraordinary power and performance along with a smooth, sophisticated engine feel plus rugged dependability.
- Programmed Fuel Injection (PGM-FI) incorporates two 40mm throttle bodies and six high-pressure programmed fuel injectors for excellent metering under varying conditions.
- Low seat height of 28.8 inches, curb weight of 750 pounds and low center of gravity all combine to help give the Valkyrie impressive handling and brilliant all-around performance.
- Spacious and accommodating two-piece seat with removable passenger seat.
- Stylish tail section incorporates aluminum passenger grabrails which are removable for a streamlined look.
- LED headlight, taillight and turn signals contribute to a distinctive appearance.
- Fat 1-inch handlebar lends a custom look.
- Multi-function digital LCD instrumentation.
- 15 Honda Genuine Accessories will be available for the Valkyrie.
- Optional ABS model contributes to consistent braking action under a wide variety of road conditions.
- Transferable three-year limited warranty; extended coverage available with a Honda Protection Plan.