Video: Motus MST Rides Daytona

03/10/2011 @ 11:10 am, by Jensen Beeler11 COMMENTS

Video: Motus MST Rides Daytona motus mst prototype 635x421

Motus is showing off its Motus MST Prototype at Bike Week right now, and accordingly have posted a video to YouTube of the 1,650cc V4 sport-tourer riding around Daytona. While quick on the video edits, the clip shows the MST cruising around the beach-laden area with relatively little pageantry, which makes for not exactly the best eye candy. Fans however of the American motorcycle company will enjoy the extra lengths Motus has gone through in order to dub-in the audio of the Motus MST’s Corvette inspired pushrod motor. Check it out after the jump.

Source: The Kneeslider

Comment:

1. Jesse says:

Did they take the fairing off halfway through or did they switch bikes? Seems like a weird move for a promo vid. . . It switches to the streetfighter looking version halfway through, with the dumb bar-end mirrors and everything.

2. You sir, have a good eye!

3. Mike J says:

Looks a lot better without that faring!

4. Reo says:

With a few tweaks and that streetfighter version would be one sick ride! The sound is pure muscle and im sure that it would give other bikes in that category a run for there money, as long as they can keep the weight down.

5. RSVDan says:

That thing makes some sweet, sweet music.

6. 76 says:

speaking of eyes, that front headlamp is almost the exact outline of a KTM Superduke 07+. It seems the bucket is different though, what they using the same tooling as KTM? how does that happen? As a promo vid it was pretty bad, I mean swerving? Is that supposed to say look it can turn?

Those clipon riser things look retarted btw, bad promo motus, I call do over

7. Dabber says:

I hope it was just a crappy microphone cause that constant ringing that exhaust makes, would make it only a short ride bike. Everything else looks good. Why did they go with a pushrod cam set up? I’m glad someone has the tenacity to build something like this. They should be proud.

Pass me the towel roll i have busted a HUGE … just hearing it. 2 times in a row cause the first time it was too good to be real.

Forget the sport-tourer, show me the “standard”/streetfighter, HOPEFULLY CHEAPER version. I have better options when it comes to Sport-Tourers. Just this man’s opinion.

9. RSVDan says:

Completely agree with ya MikeD. Bring on the naked version. While I have warmed to the Diavel, something like this is faaar more appealing. Pure, basic, naked muscle without the bells & whistles. I just hope they build it. Seems like a no-brainer, but naked bikes have historically sold very poorly in the U.S.

10. Josh says:

It makes nice noises. I really like the naked version. I’d like a tiny screen on the streetfighter styled bike – something like on the S2R monsters maybe or even something almost like (but a bit smaller than) that on the Tuono. The motor area is too bulky for that little light.

As a ramdon observation:

Whats the deal with them not showing on any of the pictures the Chain Drive Side on this thing ?

Hiding something ? lol.