CAD Drawings of the Ducati Streetfighter 848

04/11/2012 @ 5:42 pm, by Jensen Beeler9 COMMENTS

CAD Drawings of the Ducati Streetfighter 848 Ducati Streetfighter 848 CAD 15 635x506

Overall, our impressions of the 2012 Ducati Streetfighter 848 was that the new baby Fighter from Ducati, is a well-improved upon successor to the original Ducati Streetfighter 1098. Helping differentiate the SF848 from the higher-spec, though otherwise identical, Streetfighter 1098 S, the Streetfighter 848 takes the geometry from the Ducati Superbike 848, which means it gets a much-better handling 24.5° rakes. Ducati has also brought over the Testastretta 11° engine, which made its first debut on the Ducati Multistrada 1200, and then found its way onto the Ducati Diavel.

Smoother and easier to operate, the new Streetfighter’s 849cc motor may be down on power compared to its Superbike counterpart (132 hp at its peak, compared to the Superbike 848 EVO’s 140hp), but the SF848 has a much flatter torque curve and a power band that extends into a more useable range for urban and aggressive street riding. When compared to its predecessor, just about the only thing we don’t like about the Ducati Streetfighter 848 is the foot clearance issue with the shotgun exhaust, which limits the movement of a rider’s right foot on the Streetfighter’s peg.

Releasing these CAD drawings at the 2012 Ducati Streetfighter 848 US press launch, maybe some eagle-eyed industrial designers can come up with a solution for this reporter’s kneecap. CAD renders after the jump.

CAD Drawings of the Ducati Streetfighter 848 Ducati Streetfighter 848 CAD 17 635x506

CAD Drawings of the Ducati Streetfighter 848 Ducati Streetfighter 848 CAD 18 635x506

CAD Drawings of the Ducati Streetfighter 848 Ducati Streetfighter 848 CAD 16 635x506

CAD Drawings of the Ducati Streetfighter 848 Ducati Streetfighter 848 CAD 19 635x506

CAD Drawings of the Ducati Streetfighter 848 Ducati Streetfighter 848 CAD 12 635x541

CAD Drawings of the Ducati Streetfighter 848 Ducati Streetfighter 848 CAD 02 635x448

CAD Drawings of the Ducati Streetfighter 848 Ducati Streetfighter 848 CAD 05 635x474

Source: Ducati

Comment:

Looks painful to ride slow (meaning: urban every day riding at “sane speeds” and highway droning).
    Is your SF1098 THAT Sport oriented ergonomically ? Man, i feel for u unless u only use it for track days and super curved canyon dicing.

2. The SF1098/SF848 isn’t so sport-oriented that it makes every day riding a chore. I’m 6’2″ and find the bike fine for 100+ miles. I’ve even gone 300 miles non-stop on my SF1098, and while I wouldn’t recommend the experience, it was way better than doing it on a full-fledged sport bike.

I can draw a 75 mile circle that encompasses 95% of my riding, and the Streetfighter would be my weapon of choice for all of it. Easy to get through traffic, even makes the commute fun. Sporty enough for a Sunday morning ride, and proficient enough for an odd track day or two.

The SF1098’s front-end is a bit vague, and the SF848’s geometry really cleaned that up. The thing with the fight foot is a design flaw though, and you only encounter it when riding hard, and trying to hang off the bike.

FYI, you don’t go over 120 mph on these bikes, the force of the wind is just too much.

HAAA ! U are telling me ?! ………anything over 90 and im tucked in behind a small Bikini MRA screen i have on my SV1000N…i gave the finger to someone the other day at 85-90 and my arm felt like it was gonna get ripped off and i lost my balance momentarely….SCARY SHIT.

I think my bitchin on radical ergos comes out of me being so fricking out of shape…..NOT FAT…but rather a pretty phisical labor-less job and life style alltogheter.
    If i ride like im suposed to (loose arms, abdomen and legs handling the weight,etc ) my whole frame hurts like a biatch the next day.

4. Not aging gracefully maybe?

Apparently so…LMAO…(early 30’s)

6. Damo says:

My old Speed Triple and Honda 919 Hornet had similar ergos and the old time I hated them was on long highway stretches. For highway travel I much prefer my aprilia RSV, just lay on the tank and roll the throttle.

The SF1098 I threw a leg over last year seemed like it would be a comfy everyday machine. It is nice to finally have a stable of naked bikes to chose from here in the US, maybe we are finally starting to catch on…

7. M.I. says:

The Ducati looks like a cross between MV Agusta’s new F3 and their older 910R with a few trick bits from their new lineup. I’ve ridden the 910R at +120mph and “age” has nothing to do with being able to take a near-full wind blast to the face. The mini screen is nothing but decoration.

8. Max says:

Alright, I have to test drive one of these to see if I like it or not… the jury seems to be split on whether or not the ride is ergonomic enough for city riding daily plus canyon carving on the weekends or it just isn’t worth it as your all-purpose bike.

My Monster 1100 does the trick, but I just can’t help myself… the SF848 in matte black is seriously something Batman would ride. Am I right here or am I crazy? hah

Maybe the best solution is 2 matte black bikes… the SF848 and the 2012 Harley Night Rod. It’s not nearly as fast or maneuverable, but highway cruising is amazing and you have to admit that bike turns heads. For a Harley, it definitely moves…

What do you guys think?

9. Jake says:

I occasionally do over a buck twenty on my speed triple. The wind isn’t so bad if you tuck in nice and tight behind the fly screen. Wearing a full-face Arai helps too. It certainly wouldn’t be comfortable without a helmet.