2013 Yamaha FZ8 Getting Minor Update for Next Year

09/13/2012 @ 3:40 pm, by Jensen Beeler9 COMMENTS

2013 Yamaha FZ8 Getting Minor Update for Next Year Yamaha FZ8 635x423

Yamaha is keeping tight-lipped on exactly what changes will be coming to the 2013 Yamaha FZ8, but the 800cc sport-naked is said to be getting a minor update for the 2013 model year. Introduced to the American market in 2011, the Yamaha FZ8 has had a short two-year model life, and apparently Yamaha thinks the bike needs some refreshing.

Sure to get some updated graphics, as we saw with the 2013 Yamaha YZF-R1 & 2013 Yamaha YZF-R6, our suspcisions are that the FZ8, along with the 2013 Yamaha FJR1300, will get Yamaha’s traction control unit, and we wouldn’t be that surprised if the FZ8 got an ABS brakes option as well. Of course, that is just us shooting the breeze here.

With an announcement expected in the coming weeks (figured on/around October 2nd), we shouldn’t have to wait too long to hear what Yamaha has in store for FZ8 enthusiasts for next year. Share with us your own speculations and wish lists in the comments section.

Source: Yamaha USA

Comment:

1. John says:

FZ8 or FZ1? Title says FZ1, blurb refers only to FZ8.

2. Brett says:

Would likely give this bike more consideration if it had a fairing, at the very least a mini-fairing like the FZ1. It does look good naked, but I did way too many highway miles on a 919 to believe a naked bike is practical.

3. Richard Gozinya says:

@ Brett

If they did that, there’d be no point to the bike. There are those of us who prefer nakeds, and those of us who prefer fairings. Plenty more bikes out there for you to choose from.

4. Shawn says:

@ Richard Gozinya

I completely agree.

@Brett:

Move on my good Sr. (^_^) , there’s plenty of fish for you but this one.

Maybe they should bother bringing the FZ8 ?

I perfectly know what are u talking about. The day i part with my old SV1000N A full faired with hard bags Tourer OR Tractor (SuperTen probably) is coming my way for sure. Where i live (S.Florida) there’s no slow twisty stuff but rather long straigth Highways and the small aftermarket MRA screen i have on it is not cutting it no more…or maybe im just getting older, grouchy-er and spoiled.

6. joey wilson says:

I’d be interested in an Eight if they offered an add-on lower fairing and taller windshield as accessories as they have done off and on with the FzOne, and if they offered it in some other color than armor-all-rubber-black I’d be happy. Am I the only one who thinks they should offer the FJ’s in one of the Yamaha Racing paint schemes ? Probably . . . . .

@jOEY:

I’ve sen it done (FJR)…it looks OK-ish. But the should really FULLY overhaul that Dinosaur instead of keep slapping BNG and paint jobs and bring it into the 2k-teens design and tech wise.
    Danm thing looks like it came from the 90’s…early ones that is…from it’s looks to it 5 speed transmission.
    I just hope they don’t do like Kawi and wait like 20-25 years to update their heavy tourer.

8. Mikey says:

I like my 2012 FZ8 a lot. Really, my only complaint would be better suspension but that’s it. ABS isn’t that important to me.