2011 Honda CB1000R Priced at $10,999

12/01/2010 @ 7:35 pm, by Jensen Beeler14 COMMENTS

2011 Honda CB1000R Priced at $10,999 2011 honda cb1000r 6 635x476

More news from American Honda, as the 2011 Honda CB1000R will be priced at $10,999 when it finally comes to American soil in the new year. The Honda CB1000R goes up against the industry-wide belief that naked sport bikes don’t sell here in the United States (there might be a point to that line of reasoning), and the CB1000R will have to contend with another new but not-so-naked liter-bike contender: the Kawasaki Ninja 1000 (Z1000SX to our European friends, or misguided Americans).

There certainly is more than one motorcycle manufacturer competing for the hearts and minds of riders who are looking for a sporty bike, without the sporty sitting position. As for the incumbents, Honda seems to have priced itself slightly above the Yamaha FZ1 ($10,490), and Kawasaki Z1000 ($10,599), which isn’t terribly shocking and sticks to their usual pricing scheme. True to American fashion, you can get the 2011 Honda CB1000R in any color you want, as long it’s black. Photos and technical spec’s after the jump.

2011 Honda CB1000R Technical Specifications:

Engine Type: 998cc liquid-cooled inline four-cylinder

Bore and Stroke: 75mm x 56.5mm

Compression ratio: 11.2:1

Valve Train: DOHC; four valves per cylinder

Induction: PGM-FI Fuel Injection with automaticenrichment circuit and 36mm throttle bodies

Ignition: Computer-controlled digital transistorized with 3-D mapping

Transmission: Close-ratio six-speed

Final Drive: #530 O-ring chain

Suspension
Front: 43mm inverted HMAS cartridge fork with spring preload, rebound and compression damping adjustability; 4.7 inches travel
Rear: Single gas-charged HMAS shock with spring preload and rebound damping adjustability;
5.0 inches travel

Brakes
Front: Dual radial-mounted four-piston calipers with 310mm discs
Rear: Single 256mm disc

Tires
Front: 120/70ZR-17 radial
Rear: 180/55ZR-17 radial

Wheelbase: 56.9 inches

Rake (Caster Angle): 25.0°

Trail: 99mm (3.9 inches)

Seat Height: 32.5 inches

Fuel Capacity: 4.5 gallons, including 1.0-gallon reserve

Color: Pearl Black

Curb Weight*: TBD

*Includes all standard equipment, required fluids and full tank of fuel—ready to ride.

Source: Honda America

Comment:

1. hero kerala says:

in Malaysia, the price maybe almost near 100k…bikers only ride the bike in their dreams ….so sad

2. Jake Fox says:

Leave it to Honda to make my Speed Triple look like a supermodel in comparison. It looks like a Cylon with Down syndrome.

3. You’d better get used to these sorts of motorcycles: After the worldwide economic melt-down and the recognition that the Japanese make LOTS of money in Asia now, we are going to see more ‘rest-of-the-world’ and ‘European-styled’ bikes and less fatso Harley clones and bikes that only fit the American market. Everyone that always felt a lot of cool bikes were sold elsewhere but not here, your day is on the way.

4. Sean in Oz says:

I would really like to find a naked that suits my needs however all the litre nakeds are too heavy, too tall in the seat and typically lacking in rear suspension adjustment. A litre motor in a Triumph Street Triple R would be ideal, however the new Speed Triple failed to follow the same path.

5. Brij says:

I dont get it!! People bitch and whine about Europe having all the best choices and nothing comes to the states! Well there you have it people honda listened .. now put money where your mouth is!!! Thankyou honda for listening, i hope the bike sells as expected!

6. BikePilot says:

I’m a big fand of liter+ nakeds and glad honda is bringing it over to the states, but its got 2-cylinders too many and is fugly.

7. ML says:

When we couldn’t have it, everyone wanted it. Now that its on its way, everyone shows their true opinion on it-they hate it.

I personally did want this bike when I saw it about two years ago in a British magazine. Now, I’m over it. It’s been too long and the novelty of owning a euro only bike is gone since everything seems to be on its way going forward. I bought a Monster to get my naked fix and I’m glad I did. Its beautiful and the most fun bike I’ve owned.

Plus, there are other bikes that are coming that look appealing to me. The new MV tripple and the ZX-10R (Would paint it red if I got it). One of these two will be my next bike.

8. Damo says:

I for one am extremely glad that they brought it over. I owned a Honda 919 and it was one of the best bikes I have ever owned. The powerplant has alot of potential and the ergos are great on it. I would however do a headlight swap on it within a week of purchase.

I was hoping they brought this to the states as I was in the market for a new bike. I stumbled upon a mint 2003 Aprilia RSV1000 Mille for $3500 and bought that instead!

I want a CB1300. Like ML said, im over this. They are not even bothering in offering that crazy Green shade that they have/had in Europe or the white/blue/red Combo that would go so great with the whole U.S.A Flag’s Colors.

10. Isis says:

I like it. At least it’s really a naked instead of the pretender that the Z1K turned into. I just picked up an older Z, (almost got a 919 hornet, but went for the better looking bike, imo) for dirt cheap but if I were in the market, this would top the list. This thing is sweet, but with the way new bike sales have been going, I’m not sure bringing a “fringe-market” bike into the mix is the smart play, but what do I know.

11. BryanDH says:

I think it’s a great-looking bike. I almost bought a 919 a few years back. I might even buy one of these new ones at the end of next year.

12. RobG says:

I’m glad it’s coming here, but WTF are they thinking? Black only? Sorry I’ll never own a black motorcycle. Too cliche. Besides, I just bought a new Z1000 and am loving it.

13. Damo says:

I am a Honda fanboy to the core and I love the bike, but isn’t the Z1000 faster (on paper), cheaper and arguably much better looking?

I have been very impressed with Kawasaki’s pricing and marketing scheme lately. They seem hell bent on grabbing more market share.

14. MattP (from OZ) says:

My dad saw one of these in a shop just over twelve months ago and went there to buy it, next to it was a 08 Repsol CBR1000RR (dad been drooling over the Repsol’s for years) picked it up for only $500 less then the cb1000r, he hasnt looked back since (he also couldnt justify paying more for a watered down CBR1000RR).

11K is a pretty good price, i know it wouldnt be quite as good as a Z1000 or a speed triple. but still good value for cash