The Spanish custom bike scene continues to warm our hearts as Radical Ducati (Happy 10th year anniversary guys!) has just created another v-twin masterpiece. Taking a Ducati Superbike 1098 frame and motor, RAD has worked its touches into this desmodromic dreamboat with its usual flare. It’s easy to spot the Spanish team’s design ideas and inspirations that we’ve seen on some of its other bikes, but the exhaust on this Ducati Mikaracer certainly stands out as something unique and special.
Part GP racer, part street tracker, the asymetrical mounting might have our OCD in a tizzy, but the result is also very striking and sounds oh so good (check the video after the jump). The tail section on the Mikaracer also pops-out, if for no other reason than the fact it looks like it was removed from a giant hornet’s thorax (you almost want to drag the Spanish equivalent of the DMV into the street for ruining things with that license plate and holder though), which is becoming a hallmark feature for RAD’s bikes. Photos, video, and technical/build specs after the jump.
- Modified Ducati 1098
- Modified original airbox with DM mecanicca air stacks
- Shortened air funnels
- WOLFMAN 2 independents diameter 54 exhaust system
- RAD megaphones by SPARK
- TAMBURINI silicone water hoses , RAD aluminiun water tubes.
- Repositioning electrical wiring, ecu and regulator.
- RAD alluminium rear subframe with 9 Amp battery support.
- RAD alluminiun licence plate support.
- RAD Omologated led Blinkers.
- Montesa type rear light
- V Rod front light
- RAD ergal lightened upper yoke
- RAD 02 Montjuich carbon fiber solo seat
- RAD 02 Carbon fiber fuel tank
- Carbon fiber rear mudguard
- Carbon fiber front mudguard
- Carbon fiber water pump protection
- EVR ergal sprocket cover
- RIZOMA belt covers
- RIZOMA mirror
- RIZOMA inverted gear lever
- RIZOMA rear brake lever
- Mika hand made footrest