The 2017 calendar for the newly rebranded American Flat Track racing series has been released. The 18-round schedule traverses the USA, with four different race track varieties: (6) mile-long tracks, (7) half-mile track, (2) short-track courses, and (3) TT type courses.
2017 also sees American Flat Track using a new class structure, with the premier class is the AFT Twins class, comprised of two-cylinder motorcycles with displacements ranging from 650cc to 999cc. There will also be an AFT Singles class for upcoming riders, which will be based on 450cc single-cylinder bikes.
With plenty of opportunities through the year, and through out the country, we supremely suggest you attend an American Flat Track round this coming season. We think you will find it highly satisfying to your two-wheeled inclinations.
2017 American Flat Track Racing Schedule:
- March 16: Daytona TT – Daytona International Speedway, Daytona Beach, Fla.
- March 25: Georgia Short Track – Dixie Speedway, Woodstock, Ga.
- April 1: Charlotte Half-Mile – Charlotte Motor Speedway, Concord, N.C.
- May 13: Arizona Mile – Turf Paradise, Phoenix, Ariz.
- May 20: Sacramento Mile – Cal Expo Fairgrounds, Sacramento, Calif.
- May 27-28: Springfield Mile I* – Illinois State Fairgrounds, Springfield, Ill.
- June 3: Red Mile – The Red Mile, Lexington, Ky.
- June 17: OKC Mile – Remington Park, Oklahoma City
- June 24: Lima Half-Mile – Allen County Fairgrounds, Lima, Ohio
- July 8: Rolling Wheels Half-Mile – Rolling Wheels Raceway Park, Elbridge, N.Y.
- July 29: Calistoga Half-Mile – Calistoga Speedway, Calistoga, Calif.
- Aug. 6: Buffalo Chip TT presented by Indian Motorcycle – Buffalo Chip Campgrounds, Sturgis, S.D.
- Aug. 8: Black Hills Half-Mile – Black Hills Speedway, Rapid City, S.D.
- Aug. 13: Peoria TT – Peoria Motorcycle Club, Peoria, Ill.
- Sept. 2-3: Springfield Mile II** – Illinois State Fairgrounds, Springfield, Ill.
- Sept. 9: Williams Grove Half-Mile – Williams Gove Speedway, Mechanicsburg, Pa.
- Sept. 23: Lone Star Half-Mile – Texas Motor Speedway, Fort Worth, Texas
- Oct. 7: Perris Short Track – Perris Auto Speedway, Perris, Calif.
* AFT Singles will race a TT on May 27
** AFT Singles will race a Short Track on Sept. 2
Source: American Flat Track