Helping commemorate Max Biaggi’s 2012 World Superbike Championship victory, Aprilia USA has commissioned a limited production run motorcycle: the 2013 Aprilia RSV4 Factory APRC ABS SBK Special Edition — a model featuring a subtle graphics kit revision that will only come to the North American market.
Sporting the same features and refinements as the 2013 Aprilia RSV4 Factory APRC ABS, owners of the SBK Special Edition will also enjoy the new three-level dual-channel ABS system from Bosch, as well as the Brembo M430 calipers.
The Aprilia RSV4 Factory APRC ABS SBK Special Edition also has the same chassis and engine enhancements as the 2013 APRC model, which brings the sporty V4 to 181.4 hp at the crank and 86.3 lbs•ft of peak torque @ 10,500 rpm.
If you can distinguish it from the regular model, expect to see the Aprilia RSV4 Factory APRC ABS SBK Special Edition on dealership floors in April, with pricing announced on February 1st (next week).
2013 Aprilia RSV4 Factory APRC ABS Changes:
- State-of-the-art Bosch 3 level ABS
- New Brembo M430 front calipers and front brake master cylinder
- Refined Aprilia Traction Control and map 1 Aprilia Wheelie Control for racing use
- Revised engine positioning inside the chassis to ensure ideal weight distribution
- Increased performance exhaust
- Optimized engine:
- Friction reduction
- Improved crankcase ventilation
- New 200/55-17 rear tire, now also available on the 2013 RSV4 R APRC ABS
- Redesigned fuel tank taken directly from the SBK RSV4 race machines o Improved feeling during braking and in the corners
- Increased fuel capacity (4.8 gal. / 18.5 l)
- Improved ergonomics
- Lower rider seat height (-0.19 inch / -5 mm)
- New satin headlight finish
Source: Aprilia USA