2010 Honda VFR1200F European Pricing at €14,990

11/19/2009 @ 10:35 am, by Jensen Beeler9 COMMENTS

2010 Honda VFR1200F European Pricing at €14,990 2010 honda vfr1200f action shots 8 560x373

Honda Europe has announced the base model pricing for the 2010 Honda VFR1200F. In its manual transmission form, the new sport-tourer will set you back €14,990, while the pricing for the DCG equipped VFR1200F has yet to be determined. Honda has gone through other measures to make the new VFR more affordable, more on that after the jump.

For 2010 Honda Europe (and presumably Honda Worldwide) will be using a 12,000km (7,500 mile) or one-year service interval, after the 1,000km (600 mile) inital inspection. Also, the new VFR1200F will have a 3-year warranty coverage.

With European to American pricing being somewhat difficult to peg down, let the speculation begin on how much the VFR will cost here in the US.

Comment:

1. ant says:

Only one thing to say: RI…DIC.. U.. LOUS!

2. Hayabrusa says:

I would concur – YIKES!!

3. Jenny Gun says:

For the EU, that’s a very reasonable price.

If you’re taking the the €15,000 and converting that straight to dollars ($22,300 with current market rates) to get the price the VFR1200F will be here, I think you’d be mistaken in your methodology.

Without having received any information on the issue, I’d expect the new VFR to be in the $15,000 price range here in the USA, give or take a $1,000 or so.

4. Matthew says:

2009 Honda CBR 1000RR
    $11,999 in the US
    £9,300 in the UK
    €15,000 in Germany

Right now $11,900 = £7,215.7075 = €8 073.06735

5. Mer il est fou! (cf. http://is.gd/4Z2wr ) RT@Asphalt_Rubber 2010 Honda VFR1200F European Pricing at €14,990 http://bit.ly/1y8VG7 #motorcycle

6. Bill Smith says:

I think it’s become quite evident many of the Japanese motorcycle manufacturers are not well connected to the dealer network in the US. Their 2009 and 2010 prices increases are not justifiable in today’s rapidly deteriorating market despite the US currency devaluation.

I’ve discussed this dilemma with a local dealer/owner who has cut all new metric motorcycle purchases through mainstream manufacturer’s channels and is surviving by selling discounted inventory purchased from local auctions. Much of this inventory comes from very unhappy finance groups confiscating inventory from defunct dealerships and repossessed consumer product!

The model is changing!

7. Bill Smith says:

I believe there’s an interesting story with today’s surviving US dealer network.

8. 2010 Honda VFR1200F European Pricing at €14,990 – http://bit.ly/1y8VG7 #motorcycle

9. Hayabrusa says:

Jenny -

I wassn’t thinking strictly along those lines – by discounting it some, I was thinking that Honda thinks it can sell it here in the States for $17k and up, depending on options. Three words for Honda – NOT GONNA HAPPEN! I sure hope you’re right, but I have a sneaking suspicion they think they can overprice it just like Yamaha did to the new V-Max. If a Honda costs as much as a BMW or Ducati, guess what I’m buying?!! Hint: not made in Japan!