Erik Buell Racing Announces First Dealerships for the USA

02/05/2014 @ 3:04 pm, by Bryan Delohery9 COMMENTS

Erik Buell Racing Announces First Dealerships for the USA erik buell racing 1190rx red 635x423

Erik Buell Racing has announced that over 60 dealerships will be carrying the 2014 Erik Buell Racing 1190RX, the new sport bike from EBR that is slated to be released in March of this year.

After unveiling the new bike last October at the American International Motorcycle Expo in Orlando, EBR began to scout dealerships in major metropolitan areas that were prime motorcycle markets.

“It was clear from the day we launched the 1190RX and the overall EBR brand that excitement was high in dealerships across the country for the new products,” said Buell.

“Our team put into place an extensive dealership application process to ensure every customer who has interest in EBR products works with only the best power-sports dealers and can build a lifetime relationship.”

Based off Erik Buell Racing’s race bred, limited edition EBR 1190RS, the 1190RX is a 419 lbs water-cooled v-twin that EBR claims produces an impressive 102 lb-ft of torque at 8,200 rpm and 185 hp.

With performance figures like those and a starting price tag of $18,995, EBR has its sights set on Ducati and some of the other premium sport bikes on the market.

The only American motorcycle manufacturer that is competing in the 2014 World Superbike Championship, the Team Hero EBR’s piloted by Geoff May and Aaron Yates should be some serious competition for the Italian and Japanese heavy hitters that traditionally populate WSBK.

You can find Erik Buell Racing motorcycles at the following dealerships in the United States:

Arizona

Youngstown

Pennsylvania
Blackmans Cycle Center
Emmaus

Fast By Ferracci
Willow Grove

Pittsburgh Cycle Center, Inc.
Pittsburgh

Chattanooga

Texas
AF1Racing
Austin

Alamo BMW-Triumph
Boerne

European Cycle Sports Ltd.
Plano

Bellevue

Pacific Northwest Motorcycles
Ferndale

Wisconsin
Hals HD
New Berlin

Rod’s Ride on Powersports Inc.
LaCrosse

Stock’s EBR
Manitowoc

A full list of dealers can be found here.

Source: Erik Buell Racing

Comment:

1. I wish him luck, I might just head down to Festus to take a look at one first-hand.

2. paulus says:

good luck EBR… another brand to choose from is a good thing.

3. Starmag says:

As a fellow Cheesehead I wish Eric only the best. The present moment in America seems like a difficult environment to sell narrow focus sportbikes in. Hopefully, for the longevity of EBR, Eric will offer a adventure/sport tourer with great ergos soon. He had some great ideas as usual for the Ulysses.

4. Bob says:

I’m a longtime fan of Buell motorcycles, having owned 8 since the early ’90s. Only had one fuel in frame model though, the 1125R, which I sold after 2 months. I didn’t like the superbike linear power delivery and the chassis just didn’t feel right.

It’s unfortunate for me only that I don’t desire any of the new Buells including the 1190 RX. The appeal of the older tube frame Buells was the low end grunt and being able to see the drivetrain. Easy to work on, modify and personalize as well. I have zero interest in a 2 cylinder bike that emulates a 4 cylinder race replica. I have one of those already.

I actually found myself interested in the concept Hero 620 Hastur. Sure, it’s lower on power compared to any Buell, except the Blast, but the trellis frame and swing arm and look of it are pretty visually appealing to a fan of the older Buells. A little more refinement and I can see it being a pretty popular ride in the states.

I’ll keep on wasting my money on my tube framed Buell for years to come. It’s just too much fun not to keep personalizing and improving it as the years go by. And just maybe, the Hero will be the Buell that 1/2 the Buell fans wish Buell still made.

5. Richard Gozinya says:

@Bob Yeah, those tube framed Buells did have a nice charm to them. Though some of the customs I’ve seen of those are even more amazing, especially the ones by Filippo Barbacane.

6. Halfie30 says:

Bob, did you read the same torque specs I did?! At 102 ft lbs there is no way this thing does not have grunt down low. That’s more than my TLR, which has 80 and lots of torque down low… Lets wait and see what the bike can do before thinking this thing is a Panigale killer.

7. Hello! Would you mind if I share your blog with my twitter
    group? There’s a lot of folks that I think would really appreciate your
    content. Please let me know. Many thanks

I’ll give Buell Products a second glance when they start making AFFORDABLE bikes for the less privileged and income challenged riders among us.

But none the less . . . great for them and the best of luck. I hope they came back to stay for a long time.

9. It can be actually an incredible and also handy bit of facts. I’m just pleased you shared this beneficial details here. Be sure to keep us up to date in this way. Thank you for sharing.