After teasing us last week with a video of the new 2012 MV Agusta F4 RR, the Italian company has come out and released official details and photos of the 198hp superbike. Using a shorter-stroke Corsacorta motor, MV Agusta has been able to coax more top-end speed and power from the iconic F4 design. Expected to go on sale in Italy later this month, the F4 RR is carrying with it roughly a 20% premium over the base F4, and will cost €22,900 in that market.
Highlights of the new MV Agusta F4 RR:
- New short-stroke radial valve engine 198 hp at 13,400 rpm
- New increased bore diameter
- New primary drive
- New cylinder head
- New large-diameter titanium intake and exhaust valves
- New lightweight forged pistons in “aerospace RR alloy”
- New exhaust 4-2-1-4
- Close ratio gearbox
- Variable length intake runners
- Öhlins multi-adjustable 43 mm fork
- Öhlins TTX 36 rear shock
- Öhlins steering damper
- Forged aluminum wheels
It should be noted that MV Agusta is translating a 201cv figure in some instances as 201hp, which some sites have confused as being 201hp. In fact the new 2011 MV Agusta F4 RR makes 198hp. Photos and press release after the jump.