Made in Thailand: Kawasaki

08/24/2009 @ 2:45 pm, by Jensen Beeler12 COMMENTS

Made in Thailand: Kawasaki Kawasaki logo 560x369

In an effort to reduce production costs, Kawasaki is about to become the first Japanese motorcycle manufacturer to have its motorcycles built in a developing country. Starting in 2010, Kawasaki will transfer the production of its medium and large-sized motorcycles from Japan to Thailand.

According to financial experts at Bloomberg, Kawasaki’s motives are based on reducing costs by taking advantage of the cheap labor found in Thailand. Rumor has it that Honda is also considering moving its production to Thailand, presumably for similar reasons.

Source: Bloomberg

Comment:

1. Billy B says:

I’m in the o/s manufacturing field and i can tell you, you get what you pay for, pay peanuts, get monkeys! The labour is cheap for a reason in developing countries, and after seeing why, would like to mention it’s a bad move by Kawasaki…standards are lowered to accommodate for pressures of deadlines and cheap hourly rates, there is no care….and in some instances costs more, due to higher than normal amounts of Quality Control issues picked up at the end of production. (talking amongst modestly priced items – not high end, as you’re a monkey if you pay some of those prices for the quality you get. You’re paying additional for the royalty charges for the brand logo on the product – of course there is some high end technology on some products – but the costs don’t add up)

2. Made in Thailand: Kawasaki – http://bit.ly/4nw07E #motorcycle

3. stoner27 says:

@Billy B
    why.. aren’t you a racist?
    Does it ever occur to you that they win the contract because they are good but ALSO cheap?
    Kawasaki is a Japanese bike, so they must be made by Japanese ‘humans’?
    If you considered Thais as monkeys, what about Americans? Gorillas?

4. Billy B says:

stoner27….wow, talk about taking a comment out of context…are you serious??? & calling americans gorillas?? or just completely in the wrong forum???
    developing countries factories, have you ever been to them? do you know the conditions some of your budget products are made in? what does racism have to do with anything? we’re talking high quality production capabilities here buddy, stop trying to make an argument about nothing.
    And contracts of this kind by the sounds of it are won on price…quality is a long term project, specially when dealing with some countries…and looking into my crystal ball, there will be issues with the Thailand production models! get ready for the recalls…furthermore, let’s see if they release photos of their new factory (and their staff’s living conditions just to give you a better understanding), i guarantee you, you would not by a motorcycle from there and potentially risk your life…

5. meatspin says:

the thais ability to manufacture complex, high level (if you can call motorbikes high level) wares should not be questioned. I’ve bought and sold precision made medical and photographic equipment all made in thailand.

getting new factories up to scratch should not be a problem for kawasaki. Honda and suzuki have been making bikes their for years.

6. I have Kawasaki ke-100 cc 82 model Tail, i want its silencer, please provide me or find for me i will be thankful.
    Replay me at my email

7. i want kawasaki 100cc trial silencer please contact me when you find one for me

8. faez says:

i want to get an adress of kawasaki factory thanks

9. M. A. says:

I know there is a manufacture in THAILNAD which products KAWASAKI Single-Cylinder Gasoline Engines but I don’t know its name and its contact information.

The models of KAWASAKI Single-Cylinder Gasoline Engines are FG-230 and FG-150.
    They are used in agricultural machinery.

Please reply to my email.

is.firm@yahoo.com

Tankx.

10. M&M says:

Hey all,

I’m looking for thailand producer of KAWASAKI Fg230 & 201 , can you help me to find a source?

thankssssssss

11. hi Dears, I am looking for the manufacture of production KAWASAKI Single-Cylinder Gasoline Engines inTHAILAND.

The models of KAWASAKI Single-Cylinder Gasoline Engines are FG-230 and FG-201 They are used in agricultural machinery.

Please reply to my email
    mrgh0261@yahoo.com

12. ThaiGuy says:

@ Billy B…

I am Thai guy who will say “YOU SUCK and FUCK YOU!!” I don’t think American people are better than the other..just thinking about this..Does America has anything your own whatever language,letter,land,people,culture and more, all of this they got from the other..Wow stupid America!! Gorillas!!!!